First bike!! 78 xs400

EasyE

XS400 Member
Reaction score
67359d23.jpg

Originally snagged this bike with only 5k miles on it with the intentions of making it into a cafe racer but now Im having second thoughts about just keeping it all original. Hopefully pick up another on in the near future

... Im having second thoughts about just keeping it all original. Hopefully pick up another on in the near future
Welcome to the Forum. You will get lots of input and plenty of help on here.
:twocents: I won't be much help, but here's my input - please keep this thing pristine and original. It's absolutely fabulous!
I have nothing against chopping and customizing but I also love to see a vintage bike looking so good that I almost believe in time travel. :bike:
Keep it original, join the vintage club and use the money you save NOT having to restore it to buy something like this so you can wrench and chop away to you heart's content:

Dude! Mine is in HALF that condition, and super old Crusty Harley dogs always swagger up and beg me to leave her that way. These vintage beginner bikes get a mountain of love. Most big dog riders started out on them. If you have a local dive place to ride to (in los angeles it's called the Rock Store) you'll see what I mean when you pull up. Everyone will walk past the ducati to look at your cruiser that reminds them of their first bike.

Keep her clean.

Keep it original; that bike is too clean to chop up. Mine was a heap when I bought it, so I had no regrets.

I have seen decent bikes for well under $500 that you could go to town on. Sometimes people even get them for free.

Back