Help 1980 Yamaha xs400SG Fuel Leak At L/Side Air Box

jlearning1

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 1980 xs400SG. I hav just finish rebuilding the Carbs. I Think I have everything set correctly. Heres my problem, the bike will start on the first try. It idles good, but I have fuel leaking out of the L/side (Drivers Side Air Box Filter). It is (fuel) coming out pretty fast. What could be my problem? I have taken the carb back off to inspect everything. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Had same issue yesterday, the needle was stuck and was keeping the float pressed down. gas poring out of the airbox.

Hello Everyone. I finally got my bike running. It needs a few tweaks to get it idling right, but for now I am so excited. Dellrio I am almost sure that if you unstick that float, you will solve your problem. I say that because I have been playing with my bike for about a month now, and using these guys and girls advice have gotten my bike running. Thanks to all of you

Thanks

the needle was stuck - the float was moving freely, anyway - problem was solved last night - otherwise i would have been stranded 100 miles from home.

Back