How to Add an inline Fuel Filter

great write up! i did this this weekend. clear fuel line and clear inline filter. ftw.

i found my parts at the local auto shop. $3-4 total.

Question: mine stuck together pretty well... do I need the clips on there? I have them, but it seems very tight already...

Question: mine stuck together pretty well... do I need the clips on there? I have them, but it seems very tight already...
I worried about the clips too because the shop was out of them when I got the filter and the line. :eek:
The guy told me to try it if I had the thick black rubber hose as it usually holds. I did and it did. Haven't thought about it since - nearly 5,000 miles ago. :thumbsup:
Item #13 on this thread has a pic.

To differ...

I put on clips, as my fuel line started fraying at the ends after frequent removal / reinstalling of the tank. Probably not a problem for everyone, but after my trousers reeked of gas, I figured it was worth it for a couple of bucks of clamps to make sure gas wasn't leaking on the hot engine.

But then, I have my tank on and off a lot. A LOT.

+1 I thank the heavens that my old clampless fuel-line failed when i was only warming up the engine. I also smelled the gas before i felt it (less likely at speed). Had a buddy's fuel-line burst into flames while on the road. We're still trying to figure that one out.

Back