Introducing myself and my first tech question.

Bobber

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
Hi I am new to this forum.
My Name is Dennis and I am from The Netherlands

I own 1 custom build bobber xs 360 c
and a standard xs 400 Maxim.

My question !

I was driving my xs 400 the other day when the road got very slippery.
There was oil leaking from my engine on my rear tire....not the most fun ride of my life.

But I got home safely, now I am trying to discover where the oil is coming from.
I found a hole on the bottom of my engine and I have no idea if that needs to be coverd up with a cap or something. or if it just belongs like that. I will take a picture soon but maybe you guys have had a simmilar problem and if so how did you fix your oil leak.

Thanks

Hey Bobber, welcome to the site. As for your problem, are you sure its not the oil drain plug hole? I had a buddy who put his plug in finger tight and forgot to torque it down and it wiggled its way loose and fell out on the road.

Last edited:
Welcome Bobber! We would love to see some pics of both your rides!

The only time I've had oil blow out on my back tire on the XS400 was when I first changed to pods and put a small breather filter on the crankcase vent hole. I'm assuming it caused too much back pressure and blew oil out of the filter! It definitely wasn't the best ride I've had! Post some pics of the mentioned "hole" and I'm sure we can help you out.

welcome Dennis, Hornix is another guy from the Nether-region :D

A pikkie of this hole would be the only way we could help!

Back