Loose kickstarter

mpark620

mpark620
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just today I was wondering why my blinkers won't working and staying solid. I was thinking maybe not enough voltage was going through since the engine wasn't on. I go ahead to turn my engine on and go to kickstart the bike, but it doesn't even give a single ounce of juice. It's completely loose:shrug:. Anyone might have an idea of what it could be? Thanks a bunch!

Best,
Mikey

loose? Do you mean the kicker has no resistance? Are you holding the clutch while you're kicking it over? if so, DONT. Do not touch the clutch at all and make sure its in neutral and try kicking it over again. I learned this the first time I got my bike too. You dont have to hold the clutch unless you are using e-start.

Hey Guys!

Thanks for the quick response! Yea, I've tried kick starting it without holding the clutch, and at this time my e start doesn't even work, so it's all kickstart. Any other suggestions as to why it's acting all loosy goosy?

if your e-start isn't working it's probably cuz your battery died. Charge it, and if the problem stays, replace it with a new one.

kickstarter can be loosy goosy if your compression sucks. Or your clutch. Or your starter gear. Or something like that. Does it turn the engine around at all?

Well, the battery is new and I just replaced it. It could possibly be that it's not fully charged, but the last time I checked it was fine. No luck with the engine coming around. I'm still at work, but when I get back home I'll fiddle around with it and see if I can get her somewhat breathing. I'll be sure to get back to you!

Your clutch could be over adjusted. Back off the clutch handlebar tensioner and wind out the sprocket cover adjuster and see if that works.

Mine did the same thing, it was a clutch adjustment issue. If the clutch is not disengaging, then the kick starter will not have any resistance.

Back