New lady, need rubbers!

cody1awesome

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought my first motorcycle, a 78 Yam XS400-2e and I'm already in love with it. I plan on restoring it this winter, but after looking it over I noticed that I need pretty much all of the rubber (for the turn signals) and grommets (for the side covers) and figured I would just replace all of them to be safe. Problem is, I have no idea where to find them all. Also, I'm looking for decent tires so does anyone have a suggestion? I wish there was a list that had all of the rubber parts so I could do a super google search for them. Anyway, thanks, I look forward to being on the forums for a while.:shrug:

Attachments

• Bike.jpg
    Bike.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 307
Well you are adept at making an entrance! Congrats on the bike and I'm sure you will find all manner of helpful tips and parts at hand. This is a good, positive forum for enthusiasts. I might have some bits you want. Please, if you can, post some pics of the bits you want to help with your search. Best of luck!

Welcome to the forum:) Google the part numbers and also check ebay. Or place a ad in the classified section of the site.

I get a lot of my oem parts from partzilla.com. Including the rubbers for the side covers. They ship out of Tampa and have a lot of stuff in stock.

For tires I'm running shinko 712, great tire for the price range and I'm sure I'm not the only one on the forum using them. Good luck with her!

Welcome from another Kentucky member! If you got that from a man in Georgetown I thinking of buying it the other day. I have the tail light, head light, and maybe other parts you need.

Thanks everybody! I have been checking around on all of the sites, especially Boats, so things are looking pretty good. DarkMidnightWarrior, that's the same bike from Georgetown alright. If you have the chance, let me know all of the stuff you have and we might be able to make a deal on some stuff! MotoTrooper, the same goes for you. I'll take some pictures and let you know what I need. In the meantime, if anybody knows of a good deal on a carb rebuild kit let me know! I also need a petcock rebuild kit, but I can probably find that on eBay.

I'm not going to reuse the stock head or tail light or turn signals. I also have a petcock rebuild kit and a front brake master cylinder rebuild kit from Ebay that I can't use. Carb rebuild just look for individual parts, a kit won't have all that you need. Check out MikesXS.com. Shipping is nuts unless you meet minimum order for fee shipping. Check out Motorcycle super store . com or their Ebay store for tires. They should ship out of a Kentucky warehouse. The IRC brand is not bad looking for stock look.

I just bought my first motorcycle, a 78 Yam XS400-2e and I'm already in love with it. I plan on restoring it this winter, but after looking it over I noticed that I need pretty much all of the rubber (for the turn signals) and grommets (for the side covers) and figured I would just replace all of them to be safe. Problem is, I have no idea where to find them all. Also, I'm looking for decent tires so does anyone have a suggestion? I wish there was a list that had all of the rubber parts so I could do a super google search for them. Anyway, thanks, I look forward to being on the forums for a while.:shrug:

Now that is funny. Congrats

Back