New Ohio Build

dscort

XS400 Member
Reaction score
hello all. just picked up a 78 xs400 a couple months ago. turns out the title and vin didnt match, but no fear found a 81 xs400 wrecked w/ a clean title. making 2 into one. the 78 has a strait frame, 17k miles and runs. the 81 frame is bent badly, motor has 1711 miles and hasnt been registered since 83. i got it w/ a 650 front end and got a laced rear wheel to match. just started customizing the 78 frame, ill get pics tomarrow. i hate the 3 bar set up so im reworking a single back bone in it. gonna go brat style w/ it. love the kickback guys from japan.

heres the 78 when i got it. love the sissybar. its 32inches tall
p_00302.jpg

p_00303.jpg

got some pics of the progress or lack there of. im building it at work on my free time w/ help of a fellow biker. im not in the biggest hurry to get it done anyway... i got 2 other bikes, but the wife is already eyeing this one up.

pics show the triumph looking backbone, also the last is the start of the bracing from the 3 bar setup being cut out.
rear suspension will be next.....
HPIM2193.jpg

HPIM2194.jpg

HPIM2195.jpg

HPIM2196.jpg

impressive looking build...welcome to the site....any pics of that avatar Ford?

thats my 54 f100 panel truck. usually im on the bikes in the summer so the wife is usually driving the panel. got a couple seat belts to hold the car seats for the kids but thats it. i sectioned in a crown vic front frame section so it runs a 4.6 v8. auto w/ od. leaf springs in the back all the running gear is crown vic. got a hitch so i can use it too. wish you could have seen the looks when i pulled my buddies buick home on the car hauler!

this pic is form the tail of the dragon in the great smokie mountains. about a 1200 mile round trip. got 20 miles per gallon.
PICT0129.jpg

PICT0128.jpg

haha, thats one of those times that you are responsibly obliged to screw with her, tell her its a 2012 concept car and its powered by Urine.

I used to work at a feed and grain store and once a year we would get turkey chicks in. they were so ugly that I would place a sign on the pen saying "please keep you hands out, baby Terradactyl chicks"....about once a week I would get the question "wait ....I thought those were extinct"

....darn yuppies

Back