badpumpkin028

XS400 Member
Reaction score
All:

I have rode/raced dirtbikes all my life, but have never had a streetbike. Started looking into the cafe scene after a couple trips to Europe. Picked up a 80 and 81 xs400 special, and about to start a cafe build (of which I will post about soon!) After a long and drawn out process, I just received my title last Friday, so I can begin the build.

Also: Will have parts for sale soon, tank, fenders,blinkers etc...

-BadPumpkin028

Hey man!

Sounds just like me, raced dirtbikes throughout the years but never owned a streetbike until the xs I have now. I went in the bobber-direction, but its all good. :)

How come you came by two? And where in europe did you go?

welcome to the forum!

@cturek Nashville,TN

@isigt My younger brother rides around sometimes trying to find old bikes to buy cheap, fix up and sell, and ran across a CT70. Long story short the guy didn't want to sell the 70, but gave us the 1981 400 (7k miles, clean carbs and it fired right up!). He bough bike #2 for $70 a few weeks later. Once we get the first one finished he is going to start on a hardtail project.
@isigt I have been to England,Ireland,Scotland,Wales,Denmark and Italy on a few seperate trips, but fell in love with the cafe bikes over in England.

Back