Not yer mama's XS.....

....Kinda got my mind blown, no broken wires, all grounds have been cleaned...i dunno Ill figure it out....

Here's where my blinker short was. It could be an issue at this pinch point or a damaged wire just inside the "tunnel" where the brown wire goes out to the blinker bulb. Just a thought.
4714319775_ce65603144_z.jpg

Since it looks as if the forks have been rebuilt, can you supply a dimension from the bottom of the lower triple tree to the top of the lower with no rider?

Sorry for no updates, its because there hasnt BEEN any progress. Back at it now though. Just gotta get to the bottom of this wiring and Ill throw her back together...So updates WITH PICS will come very soon!!
Tadd, you prolly already found what youre after but this one measures 6-13/16" from bottom of triple to the top surface of the lower. Thats to the metal, not to the seal.

Thanks all for checking her out....

Craig

Gettin the carbs synced tonight, then out for some plug chops to see what the jetting looks like! Clutch is awful tight, Im'a see about gettin it freed up and lube the new cable. All the final adjustments then she's gettin the polish for delivery!! Was hoping to deliver it this week but Im goin out of town Friday after work so it may be beginning of next week, depends on what I get done tonight and if the ol lady leaves me be long enough to get some work done! So glad to get this thing rolling again after a loooong winter, and get it outta my garage!!

Heres a sneak preview before the final spitshine....wish I didnt have to put that ugly ol front fender back on it, but I will.....

full
[/IMG]

Bloody Finished!! All the bugs have sorted out and after 300 miles of passive abuse, I felt comfortable delivering the bike back to its owner! Now back to my OWN projects!

full

full

full

full

lol. mine started on the 650 site too. damn man. this looks killer! im not a huge fan of the stockers, but this one does it for me. enough mods to function better and clean up the looks. looks great, congrats

Thanks for the good words! Im not much for stockers either, if you saw my bikes youd understand, this is what you'd call a rustoration. Clean up the 30 years of corrosion and make 'er functional. Ive grown kinda fond of it actually, and told the owner when she decides to upgrade, Ill take the bike off her hands!

Craig

Really the only mods were the bars and exhaust, and that was out of necessity, and some speed holes cuz...why not??. The stock bars are hideous and uncomfortable, and the mufflers had been hacked off. I think I removed about ten pounds of rust, or at least thats what I dumped out of my electrolysis bucket! I have I dont know how many hours searching for replacement stainless hardware, then scrubbing and brushing the stuff that werent replacable. This is why my bikes are chops! I get OCD when it comes to detail, so my own stuff is bare metal, function over form. Not one for spending two hours cleaning after an hour of riding.
On the other hand Ive got a 650 motor sitting on the stand and big ideas of a rephased 750 dancin in my head. So my next build will prolly be cafe-style(even tho I hate that word). Not a lot of flash but alot of attention to detail.

Ill get some pics up here this week of the others volcom!!

Craig

Back