Old bike: old guy

not if but when

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
Hey, everybody!
Just joined. You all seem like a great bunch!
I have an '82 Heritage Special that's been sitting in my garage for the past 14 years - after I had just rebuilt it and painted it when a tornado rolled thru town and scuffed up all my hard work. Had other things to do but now, 14 years later, I'm going to redo the bike all over again. I'll try to post a few photos as I go through it and take it apart (and hopefully get it back together again). May have a few questions for you as the project goes along also.
Glad you're al here!
Ride safe.

Welcome to the Forum. You are correct, we are a great bunch. :D
I hope will have much success and soon so that you can enjoy summer when it arrives in 2 or 3 months.

Two agenda items:

1. No one in the "bunch" believes you have a bike until you post a picture.
  2. Don't complain about your Minnesota weather. A great many of us have had our fill of Minnesota weather so far this year, and no one is in the mood.

Welcome from another 82 Heritage Special owner who is also an old guy with an old bike. :bike:

There are lots in this bunch that have taken them completely apart and gotten them back together again so if you get into a head scratching situation :confused: putting it back together get on this forum and ask. Someone is bound to have previously run into the same problem and solved it.

[*] Don't complain about your Minnesota weather. A great many of us have had our fill of Minnesota weather so far this year, and no one is in the mood.
[/LIST]

I'm pretty sure it's your Canadian weather that comes down here.

I'm not gonna complain about it. Being hailed on while on a bike in traffic is what makes this state so precious. :laugh:

NIBW, welcome. Whereabouts in MN are you?

I'm pretty sure it's your Canadian weather that comes down here ... so precious. :laugh: . . . ...
Yes, sadly, you may be partially right. My western cousins do love their "dry cold".
Where we all have problems (like hail !) is when their dry cold mixes with other folks' Gulf of Mexico hot humid - usually right over top of poor Scorpio there between the lakes in MI. But too often in MN, IL and ONT as well.
We in the above listed, are therefore simply the innocent victims of the mixed spawn of others. I feel better already! :D

Well how old is old?Cause I feel very old:eek: even though Im middle aged with an old bike.So welcome another old fan to our bunch.Where I live the The Western Canadian weather affects the great lakes also from the gulf of mexico then living at the southern end of Lake huron and the St clair river which creat weather systems of their own.Then theres this years weather its been topsy turvy all over the map.Warm spells followed by rainy cool spells then cool Canadian weather from the north which I dont mind this time of year.Its our summer monsoon season the bugs me the most.

Back