Removing Neiman lock?

Slojza

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I´ve got a question for you. Hope someone can help.

My handlebar lock probably doesn´t work, or at least I couldn´t make it work so i wanna remove it and see what is wrong. But how am I supposed to do it?

It is i believe the, so called, Neiman lock (got 2A2/1977) which is in the frame behind the fork, not in the main switch.

Thanks for any suggestion.

I couldn't get mine to work when I first got it and it wasn't broken - I was not doing the operation properly. If you are lucky, yours isn't broken either.

Contrary to one's instincts, you do not push the key and cylinder down in the off position and then turn it to lock. You push the key and cylinder down in the off position, then let it spring back up, and then turn it to lock. If you haven't tried it that way, then it is probably just technique.

Thanks for reply (much faster than mine actualy).

But this lock is exactly what I didn´t mean. Maybe I better post pics. It is on the frame and not in the main switch as your.

This is what i mean. It is pretty rusty I know, but only from outside. And it moves easily but only about 1/4 turn to left and it doesn´t engage. Anyone ideas how it should work or how to remove?

Attachments

• IMG_20140512_203134.jpg
    IMG_20140512_203134.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_20140512_203208.jpg
    IMG_20140512_203208.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 238
Back