Runnin' HOT BABY!

dburrows6735

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was in a local shop this week and was talking wrench. I'm still learning so cut me some slack please. We were talking about "bluing of pipes" and my new found friend said if you have blueing you are running to lean and need to rich it up.

I have yet to find my richness adjustment but figured I'd ask you guys, because you all seem very knowledgeable. I know it’s on the Carbs and probably has a brass tamper guard, but I would like to know if this will help. I have another indication that I’m starving my engine because my idle screw is all the way in, otherwise it dies at idle. I have all stock intake and exhaust, and have no jet kits (yet). What do you guys this will this adjustment help both issues?

I want to wrap my pipes but that has not happened yet till I work out this blueing issue.

Side note off subject: I have an 81' special and my torque arm has some lateral play in it. It has a “special” bolt in it according to the manual I have. I’ve tried to tighten it but it won’t move. I want to see what you guys think before I dive into it.

Thanks so much for you help

David, Minneapolis MN.

I have attached a picture of my project.

Attachments

• 2012-03-23_16-50-58_154.jpg
    2012-03-23_16-50-58_154.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 240
carbs will need a clean I think. you take ut the blanking plug while you are there so you can tweek the settings to run the modern shitty stuff that passes for fuel!

Back