Springer fronts for the XS400?

Can't find those spacers on Bros website. Do they just space the bearing up and away from the lower tree? I assume so as XS400 and 650 bearings are the same (size, race diameter...), the difference being the neck length.
I assume the spacer effectively makes the steering stem shorter to work with the 400.
I don't like to assume...lol

guys i have a xs400 1980 model had a set of 1973 yamaha tx650 forks made to suit the pin in the clamp is longer and i got a machine shop to press it out and machine it the same as a xs400 i had and reweld it back into the clamps and i use xs400 tappered bearings later i will get a set of tc bros springer front ends of a xs650 and do the same again not a big job for a machine shop it only cost me $50 aus dollars :thumbsup: and 34mm forks are better then the 33mm forks xs400 come with just use a tx650 front disk/caliber/ lower brake system with junction and front wheel as they use a 17mm axle compaired to the xs400 which has a 15mm axle , and i use a xs650 rear wheel on my tc bros hardtail rear end with the disk brake system easy swap over :thumbsup:

Back