This may sound like a dumb question but...

Hinzbilly54

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
This maybe a dumb question but the oil light does it come on when there is no oil pressure or when the oil is low? Also I would like everyone opinion on something. I but a green LED in my headlight for my my natural indicator light. Im going to also install a red one for oil and since my headlight is on switch i was going to put an indicator light on that one too. Colors can be Blue, White, or Yellow with a slight Orange tint. I was leaning towards Blue or white. What does everything on bot questions?

It's an oil pressure light. So if the oil pressure is low, it'll come on. When the oil is low, there is also low oil pressure. Not sure what the second question is exactly. You want to put an indicator light for your headlight. Do you mean a high beam indicator? Or just the headlight altogether?

I'd say blue is a good color for a headlight indicator. My dash has a blue indicator for the high beam, red for oil and green for neutral. Works well. Turn signal indicator light would be yellow/orange if I had one, but I don't

Willem, are you sure it's a pressure light and not a level light?

The difference being one tells you that you have no oil in the pump, the other says your oil is close to being empty.

Back