1st cafe project underway
Reaction score
hey all, few things done to my bike recently

1)new dual tail/brake lights installed
2)rebuilt petcock
3)installed new clutch cable
4)replaced sealed beam with another sealed beam...story about that down low
5)installed new bmo ring chain

so my headlight kept turning on an off, then shut off totally. tore headlight down and shook the sealed beam...rattles like crazy. My car needs work bad(currently not safe to drive lol) so i need my bike with a headlight working asap, i needed it that day. So a buddy of mine at work and i went to advance auto because he said they have sealed beams there. they did but alas none of them fit the ring. So we drove 15 min to a motorcycle dealer and they didnt have any in stock...left and called another store, nothing in stock. then we drive another 10 min away to a motorcycle salvage yard...HEAVEN ON EARTH MY FELLOW XS'ERS!!!

felt a bit like Indiana jones searching for my treasure :D looking at all the lights in the yamaha section and we find one that fits perfectly! going back in time to when i first got my xs and got the headlight working...it didnt sit straight in the bucket, the only way it could possibly go in was with the wording on the lens at an angle:wtf:, turns out whoever had the bike before me didnt have the correct sealed beam in there. but now i have the stock one!!!:thumbsup: even sits straight lol. its these funny little things that make me wonder what else was done to my ride before i had it...mystery
anywho it made my day to get a replacement(actually correct)sealed beam in a matter of 2 hours and have it installed the next!!!

here are some pics of my bike as it is now

and i want to say thank you to all the people on this website for their knowledge and skills and for posting about it, i could not have raised my xs from the dead with out you all

Back