I'm okay with that.

In fact, here are my prototypes:

1) The module:

man_with_television_strapped_to_head_700-00049861.jpg

2) The controls:

Airplane-Controls.jpg

3) I even came up with a CAR version!

ee-car-and-tv.jpg

... because there's just NO WAY this idea could be implemented safely. It HAS to be dangerous. Poorly thought out and wrong is the only possible method!

Last edited:
Its just another example of how texting is used,Nobody estmated that drivers in cars would be texting and driving at the sametime.Although you may use this device in a responcible mannor how many hundred perhaps thousands wont.It sounds like a good idea especialy if it has voice commands and is handsfree operation.With that being said is road noise or other electronic items going to interfere with the reception of this said device?Just remember nothing is ever fool proof 100%:)

I think it is a great idea. The use of music and a gps is a great example. You could buy all separate electronics for this or you could have just the tablet. Thats one of the reasons tablets are so popular in the first place. They are convenient and have multiple functions.

You want more good examples of why this would be a good product?
-Rolling into a new town? Dont know where to eat? have your passenger check on the tablet.
-Lost? It is pretty easy for the passenger to communicate with driver with headsets or even through the tablet.
-Riding through the night touring? The passenger cant really see anything anyways, why not watch a movie.

Social networking is not that appealing to me. I definitely post more on this site than I do on facebook. I dont have twitter or instagram or whatever, but it is a major part of our society. Some of these old guys talk shit on it but they are just fueling the system with all the stupid worthless comments that I see posted on this site. Half of the post look like they should be on facebook anyway. "The weather is bad hear today so I dint ride". Who gives a shit? You just want to post on this site. Just like teenage girls want to post on facebook. Same shit different site.

Ill admit it im probably guilty of the same thing (posting stupid shit) but hey at least ill admit it and try to avoid it snort snort...just like this post hahahahaha

Its just another example of how texting is used,Nobody estmated that drivers in cars would be texting and driving at the sametime.Although you may use this device in a responcible mannor how many hundred perhaps thousands wont.It sounds like a good idea especialy if it has voice commands and is handsfree operation.With that being said is road noise or other electronic items going to interfere with the reception of this said device?Just remember nothing is ever fool proof 100%:)

Do passengers texting ever kill anyone? The product is for the passenger right?

Not that I know of but I see alot of drivers exting and driving all the time.I think your invention would be good for those who ride can am spyders,they have better control 2 wheels up front one in the back.Wimp cycles.

-Riding through the night touring? The passenger cant really see anything anyways, why not watch a movie.

I appreciate your support! However, this may have backfired here LOL. I don't support the concept of them not being attentive to the ride. Watching a movie, in my opinion, is an unsafe concept.

As for those who mention "texting and driving" ... pay attention, read the concept again, this has nothing to do with the operation of a motorized vehicle while simultaneously attempting to text.

This is a passenger-only concept. Visually, the rider is completely bypassed. In terms of communication, however, it bridges many gaps for a better trip, depending on what you like/dislike about modern tech.

It's not a necessity. It's a luxury ... an option. Again, it's not rider oriented. I don't text and would never text while operating a bike. :wtf:

Well here is my last and final comment.If you beleive in your product dont worry about others may say or think.Just go for it and if it takes off then you can come back and say to us I told you so.:)

I think I may have an idea why this concept hasn't gone over well on this forum. We ride small bikes. They weigh about 400lbs. For ease of calculations, lets say the rider is another 200lbs, as is the passenger. So the total weight is about 800lbs, roughly. Probably on the high side, but this is just an example, okay?

There isn't much room on our bikes. At 6'2" and 190lbs I'm cramped on my Maxim. And I'm sure I look like a circus clown on a tiny bicycle. :) Like on a sport bike, the passenger is very close to the rider. Possibly even hugging the rider. When the passenger moves, 1/4 of the total weight is moving. That, in itself, is significant. And due to the proximity of the rider and passenger, the tablet would be very close to the passengers face. Probably too close to comfortably view or use. This would have the passenger moving even more to view and operate the tablet. The passenger would have to release their grip with one hand to operate the device, while leaning back to get to a workable distance. Wind drag, the change in balance, etc would be quite noticeable.

Now, lets take my neighbour's GoldWing as another example. It is over 800lbs empty. Add another 400lbs for rider and passenger. And another 200lbs for the contents of the side bags and trunk. That puts him at 1400lbs total weight, again just an approximate number. The passenger is 1/7th the total weight, which is not very significant. The rider and passenger sit with about 2' space between them, the driver also has a short backrest. The passenger has a backrest and armrests. Heck, they have a cup holder! In this case, the passenger can shift about without much if any noticeable effect on the bike. And the tablet would be at a workable distance, so they wouldn't have to move about much.

I may be way off with this example, but it certainly explains why "we" are opposed to the idea and many others are not. We are simply the wrong market demographic for this product! I believe that this product should be marketed to cruisers and touring bike owners, especially those who travel long distances on their bikes.

Good luck! I hope you find the support and market demand for your product, and that people use it responsibly.

Dave, I think you nailed it. Also, I've had those very thoughts in my head for days, wondering: why are we in such heavy debate?

I actually THOUGHT of this concept because I just bought a 2003 Suzuki Bandit GSF1200S - mind the 1200cc part. She's a big, fast, (strangely) lightweight, monster of a sport-touring ride. Well, that is to say that I'm configuring her for sport-touring what with better bars and the lot.

Using my idea on a small displacement bike would likely be tricky. The space is so intimate between rider/passenger that the passenger would be forced to look down.

With that in mind, other specs will have to take that into consideration ... unless ... "there are no problems, only solutions".

What would the solution be? I wonder - but - it can wait.

Last edited:
Back