What did you do with your XS today?

Cleaned up the bit of rust on the battery box and gave it a few light coats of gloss black rust paint (outside woo hoo).

Cleaned up all the electrical components and the fuse box.

Recreate yes its a nice day but windy,temp is near 50F,I managed to actualy do something although minor I managed to put my new euro style mirrors on.yahoo_O btw I updated my weather thread in lounge section incase anyone cares Lol

What do euro style mirrors look like ?
Maybe they will match my euro bars!

LOL that why a bought them cause I have eurobars that and they were anodized gold but heres a pic.I`ll try and get to what they look like on the bike.soon

Attachments

• gold euro mirrors.jpg
    gold euro mirrors.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 212
I filmed the first half of my fork rebuild video. The second half, reassembly, will probably get done tomorrow.

Thats awesome, I may have some use for those videos haha

I suspect i may need to re built mine, but have been to intimidated to tear into them.

i know i need new fork seals and will most likely watch bc's video several times before i decide to do it myself or get it done at my local shop

The fork seal video has been shot. I am working on the editing now. It will likely be a few hours before I have that done and uploaded. Stay tuned!

Man last weekend it was such amazing weather here, like 20 Celcius (68F). I was tempted to go riding but I went to the beach instead. There were bikes everywhere though! In hindsight I was happy I didn't go, I don't trust people who don't ride for 6 months out of the year on a day like that...

Still did my usual commute on monday and tuesday though :) it's great not to have to wear all the winter gear anymore

Man last weekend it was such amazing weather here, like 20 Celcius (68F). I was tempted to go riding but I went to the beach instead. There were bikes everywhere though! In hindsight I was happy I didn't go, I don't trust people who don't ride for 6 months out of the year on a day like that...

Still did my usual commute on monday and tuesday though :) it's great not to have to wear all the winter gear anymore

Same here... I could not resist and got my R1 from the shed...but it was quite tricky. Roads are not warm enough so with cold tires and winter gravel everywhere I got a couple of wheelspins...but I'm ok and alive...:bike:

Clearly, we need to figure out how to keep the Gulf Stream waters for ourselves and shut off the trans Atlantic flow so your temps are commensurate with your latitude. :mad:

We're currently -1 C, in the middle of a 15cm snowfall, and have a forecast low for tonight of -17 C to look forward to. :yikes:
And we are actually a hair farther south than Nice, France! :shrug:

A buddy came over and we got my carbs on. We brainstormed alternate ways for mounting my fly screen, centre stand and pipes. Got the side stand adjusted so there is no metal-on-metal with the pipes.
Now to implement all the great ideas.

Finished the back wheel refurb, not perfect but far better than it was as you can see. The rear was the worst of the two by far.Started the front one and re-assembled the disc etc to the rear one.

Attachments

• 20140312_141846_10.jpg
    20140312_141846_10.jpg
    327.4 KB · Views: 186
Sesty........Just the sun in a shock appearance over the last few days, normal service resumed tomorrow I think. :)

Will finish the front wheel tomorrow and maybe get the tank finished too after I get the VTR MOT'd and taxed in the morning....busy busy as usual.

Back