What did you do with your XS today?

Off-loaded the bike from the truck using the $49 electric winch and got it into the old garage just in time for the heavy rains which lasted the rest of the day.
50 km winds off Huron and 60% chance of rain and thunder tomorrow - but that means I'll be able to ride 40% of the time, right?

Friday started out all right, Took the finely functioning bike to the state park here in Badger country, (Wisconsin) and while getting a sticker to park there, the start button fell out. I was able to find it on the way out. then took the bike to work. previous to leaving the house to the state park, Weather channel said it was not going to rain. at 10:30 pm, it was raining. Raining hard. It normally takes 30 minutes to buzz home, a little longer tonight, then as I was turning last two turns, I heard the sound of the starter turning over. As I throttled up, it wound up, and back down. I turned it off immediately, and took a hot shower.

With all that going on, my front caliper kit arrived today, that is half way put back together. Yep I have been driving with out front brakes. I jammed my front caliper a couple weeks ago :banghead: while putting the front tire back on. I did not realize the front pad had fallen. Sh1t. I feel I have gotten lucky so far. I will see tomorrow!
Brakes who needs them!

The first three trips were fun! The last one tested out theory's of waterproof, The bright yellow safety jacket, was not, Shoes, Nope, full face helmet that was left on bike, for the entire day, Yup.

took it to work again today (as I usually do) but ended up going the last 300 meters on one cylinder (i think? no power whatsoever) and stalling it in the parking garage. Was able to roll out with the clutch pulled to where I usually park, but I think the way back home will be interesting...

Think I might need to clean my carbs or something...? lol

Yeah hot and humid here today after raining much of the day yesterday.I was tied up filling in holes in the driveway doing a great job of inflicting serious pain to my bad back.Noone wants to do anything to help improve this place but me it seems

Yeah hot and humid here today after raining much of the day yesterday.I was tied up filling in holes in the driveway doing a great job of inflicting serious pain to my bad back.Noone wants to do anything to help improve this place but me it seems
Sounds like your place is infested with teenagers. :wink2:
I sure hope the warm front gets here soon. It's just been thick cold, wet fog rolling in off Lake Huron all afternoon - barely above 50. Put my windshield back on and emptied my jerry can into the tank. Hope to ride tomorrow.

Told her I would get her running as I pulled out the 650 and washed it LOL but I have resolved that I have to remove the carbs and raise the floats. The other day I had her running and she is starving. I will get her and then I will wash her too cause I have already done almost everything to her that needs to be done to a bike. LOL which reminds me I have to change the 650's oil. WHoo hoo she shines so nice :bike: :bike: :bike: :D:D:D:D:D

Sounds like your place is infested with teenagers.
Nope 3 adults out of 4 that dont have any pride or feel likes it worth the time in putting any effort into fixing up the place.Having to drive through 1ft deep water puddles after a good rainstorm

Although I did manage to take it home without any notable issues yesterday, I didn't take the chance of riding today. Now I had to use my bicycle to get to work :(

it's a hard life for people without a car, but at least I got some exercise I guess

Yesterday I put the other carbs on checked out my carb holders. Crap Crap Crap!!! Rotting rubber cracks splits not thru to the inside serviceable for now but marked for replacement. Will try to start it again today if the weather holds out. Had some rockus thunder and serious rain around midnight and the outlook is wet for later today.

willem when I was younger I was working 3 part time jobs.2 were on the east side of Tulsa ok and the other 1 was down far on the south side.I probaly road 40-50 miles 6 days a week.Didnt matter what the weather was.After about a year I finaly saved enough $ to get car,then it had no heat :yikes:
Where I live now I can walk to any store I need to go.

Researched DOHC ignition timing, then modified the ignition pickup plate to allow for increased timing advance. Now for multiple test rides and probably more adjusting...

Took both 400's out for a nice long ride, even with 90 degree temps outside they ran at normal engine temps:)

Tightened the chain by 1/6th turn then cleaned it up with WD40 (per Drewpy) and then lubed it up with fancy aerosol lube.
Went for a ride in the 90 degree heat only to get caught in thunderstorms and driving rain on the way back from coffee.
Found out:

1. windshield blocks no rain if the side wind is strong enough
  2. Harley leather boots are NOT waterproof
  3. Leather motorcycle jacket is NOT waterproof
  4. Armoured leather summer gloves are NOT waterproof
  5. If you leave the vents open, new helmet is NOT waterproof
Already knew:
Mesh armoured pants are NOT waterproof
:wtf:

Nice ride north of Minden Ontario today. 250 KM round trip. A great morning cut short by a lunch date with my wife. URG!

Attachments

• CIMG0781.jpg
    CIMG0781.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 191
  • CIMG0786.jpg
    CIMG0786.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 192
Back