What did you do with your XS today?

Touched the bike for the first time in 6+ months....

Sold my back end (of the xs you jokers..) and decided to update the build thread and answer some Q's...

Sorry for the absence forum family! I forgot how much time new baby humans take. :laugh:

I finally got a break from work only to have a stinking cold!!

bought a Yoshi end can for the tracker and trial fitted it today

IMAG0842_zps1a7ed278.jpg

drewpy shouldn't be allowed to post pictures of his bikes they depress me. :yikes:

I added an led brake light (pulled off a trailer stoplight) onto to my basket to try to lengthen my lifespan.

DSC00549.JPG

Finaly after tinkering most of the day,putting on some fasteners for the chain guard,fixing my bent shifting bar and trying to fix a stripped bolt I fianly got some riding time in this evening Yahoo!

Finally got a chance to wrench in it with my brothers:
Sanded some.on the knee dents
Put the motor in the frame
masked and painted.the carbs
Assembled the axels/wheels/swingarm
Put carbs in the engine
Chooped the rear fender and pre fabbed the mounts (still.needs a lot of massaging)
Reinstalled and rerouted the wire harness
worked a little on the brake light
almost got it started again
:thumbsup::D:doh::banghead::thumbsup::bike:

Posted via Mobile

Went to the shop to get a quote on the fixing price of my damage...

Last night someone hit my parked bike with his car when trying to fit into a spot which was too tight. My aftermarket double taillight is completely cracked, my rear flashers broke, front fork is crooked, headlight cracked. The mechanic said he could fix it all in for 300 to 350 euros (mechanics are expensive..). The guy in the car is paying the damages, so I'm getting 350 from him and then I'll budget fix it myself, salvage whatever is salvageable. Reckon I can do it in 200 euros in parts. :D pretty decent profit I'd say..

SO you didn't knock the crap out of him and drag him thru town behind the remains of your bike??:mad::mad: I wouldn't either but I'd sure feel like it. Glad you have an agreement with him to pay for the repairs. Heck with the leftovers you might be able to celebrate getting your bike back on the road with a nice road trip.:bike::bike::bike:

Picked up two strands of the many, many different colors of wiring for the rewire. Then sat and stared at the bike before going to bed.

If I can at least make it into the garage once a day I call it progress. The kids nap time is best, then at least the girl isn't trying to climb all over the motorcycle.

@ n8, those carbs look sweet! and the seat look cool, sort of cafe- stock mix :)

@ mrstubb, no unfortunately I didn't drag him through the streets.. :p But yea I think I'll be able to get some money back, no prob. Parts are on the way to my house as we speak :)

@ n8, those carbs look sweet! and the seat look cool, sort of cafe- stock mix :)

Thanks willem! The masking was tedious , but i'm pretty happy with the outcome. $3 worth if black cap screws make a huged difference in the look too...

Posted via Mobile

Thats kinda sound Im looking for but not too loud
Agreed! been thinking the same thing! Drewpy - Looks great!

The kids nap time is best, then at least the girl isn't trying to climb all over the motorcycle.
Ha! My girlie loves crawling all over it as well! Must be something in the Minnesota water :D After bedtime - I'm glad the monitor reaches to the garage! :thumbsup: haha

Gosh its been so long since I got to go for a long ride I forgot how exillerating it feels like.My clutch is so smooth while shifting the only thing thats bugging me is this vibration at 65mph:wtf::yikes:

Back