What did you do with your XS today?

I just have been digging deeper into my wiring problem,took the head light out and did a visual inspection on the wiring.Took the connectors apart and cleaned them to make sure they are all getting good contact.I put my handle bar switch together and remounted back on the handle bar.Soldered a broken wire also.

Painted/clear coated the tank today. Turned out pretty good for my first attempt.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 237
Last year before i winter my brake drum bar came off. :banghead: Got my 81 out yesterday and she started 4th kick after sitting all winter with gas in the carbs. Got my fender off and lookin pretty nice(still needs paint), found a badass lookin airdam in my barn:thumbsup:, and have the stuff to build a new brake linkage. Will post some picture tomorrow or the next day.

Attachments

• CAM00043.jpg
    CAM00043.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 234
It wasnt too bad all that broke was the brake linkage and my fender was tweaked to beat all hell. I fixed most of it and I'll post pics later when I get to my dads

Busy today....Repaired Brake master....wired up the lights and new guages. Hopefully I will have it fully wired up by Wednesday....might even get her started this week :)

I found out that one of kick stand safety switch plugs had the wires cut.Its the one with blue ,red,black and white wire it would be on the right side of the other one.So I took and cut all 4 wires even stripped them and reconnected the female adapters.Then I put all the connectors back in the plastic plug and tried switch safety switchs around to see if my bike would turn over,no dice:banghead::banghead::banghead:

replaced my old hand grips and finally figured out a way to mount my new low profile after market mirror.

Attachments

• NEW MIRROR.jpg
    NEW MIRROR.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 226
I found out that one of kick stand safety switch plugs had the wires cut.Its the one with blue ,red,black and white wire it would be on the right side of the other one.So I took and cut all 4 wires even stripped them and reconnected the female adapters.Then I put all the connectors back in the plastic plug and tried switch safety switchs around to see if my bike would turn over,no dice:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Ok Scorpy, its time to work backwards. Print out, and enlarge the color wire diagram. Undo the battery, and we can start there, with a multimeter now start with the fuzes, and work your way to the front of the bike. Check every connection to see if its grounded or not. You don't need to rip up your wire harness, just go though methodically and find the wires, on one end, and then the other end. Is it grounded or not. The power flows down hill from the fuse, so if you were to pull a fuze with the batter plugged in, you will find the up hill side with the power. For testing purposes, you can test with a test light, and or the multimeter. If your kick stand safety is disabled, then you need to figure out how they disabled it. Clean that relay, and switch connection point.There is four wires going to the relay's. take your time, and find all the ends. Since your still trying to start it from last year, It should be something silly. like the off button. or something. I think I have seen a thread with your missing start button? you might need to revisit that spot again. I know I have told the forum I have an aftermarket rectifier, and regulator. The regulator doesn't work, the rectifier does. So don't take anything at face value. Test everything, per the manual, then run it by us. (check make sure your wires are not brittle, and cracking. like the stator cables.:doh:

Back