What did you do with your XS today?

Carried a passenger for the first time in 38 years. Went 74 kms. Didn't take long for the nerves to go away.

I was very surprised how easy it was once we got moving. The extra 150 lbs is very noticeable under hard acceleration and braking - but almost no difference when cruising along.

It could still accelerate smartly up a very steep grade, but with more throttle. Petei, the Rockies will be a breeze unless you acquire a girlfriend before Roger's Pass :wink2:

Got much closer to finishing one of my projects :)
full

Fabbed up a new battery/ electrical box from a ammo box. Trying to make it fully sealed. Got rather frustrated eith the fit up of the latch mechanism. Also going to do a navy style knt work spiral for grips:thumbsup:

Posted via Mobile

Attachments

• 2012-06-06_18-34-52_677.jpg
    2012-06-06_18-34-52_677.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 261
  • 2012-06-02_22-11-06_252.jpg
    2012-06-02_22-11-06_252.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 228
no progress - thing but rain, rain, rain, rain and more rain.

All out of scotch, gin and beer too. :mad:

Only some rain here but didn't want to get freshly armour alled seat spotted after spending too much time yesterday decrudding and detailing.
I did learn I want to wipe the chain lube off the muffler after each ride instead of letting it get baked on! Used bug & tar remover turtle wax brand but mostly fingernails to do that :wtf:

Out of nico gum too :mad: so went to get some :shrug:

no progress - thing but rain, rain, rain, rain and more rain.
All out of scotch, gin and beer too. :mad:
As long as "Barbie" doesn't run out of gas or charcoal though, you'll survive until spring - right?
Went the long way for coffee (33 kms) today, and for the first time, was able to help a more veteran rider. Gave him a windy, more scenic route to where he was going. He and the Mrs. were on a nice Honda 1800.

had to order a new battery for the tracker today as its not playing ball.

done ok for 600 miles and 6 months so not complaining as its an alarm battery (and was free) new one only cost £8 delivered

Took Piglet out to my buddy's concert a short distance away. I kept talking about the bike and he had bugged me earlier about starting to not believe I even had one. Also just about got taken out by a soccer mom at a stop sign.

Drewps, would you recommend using an alarm battery in a modified battery box?

Drewps, would you recommend using an alarm battery in a modified battery box?

I mounted mine without any vibe isolation as there was not a lot of room and I think that what killed it. They can be mounted anywhere due to being sealed.

I recommend a motorcycle battery if you can get one. don't forget I'm kick only

was looking at my patched up muffler...then at the harley mufflers I have on the floor (don't ask...friends donation to the cause) and caught myself contemplating.....wonder how they would sound........

As long as "Barbie" doesn't run out of gas or charcoal though, you'll survive until spring - right?
Went the long way for coffee (33 kms) today, and for the first time, was able to help a more veteran rider. Gave him a windy, more scenic route to where he was going. He and the Mrs. were on a nice Honda 1800.

There is always gas in the bbq. An Aussie without a working bbq is destined to wander aimlessly in the wasteland. Luckily, winter is only about 6 weeks long but it is usually cold with clear blue skies not pissing down rain.

I mounted mine without any vibe isolation as there was not a lot of room and I think that what killed it. They can be mounted anywhere due to being sealed.

I recommend a motorcycle battery if you can get one. don't forget I'm kick only

One possible way to dampen vibrations is to use concrete velcro to hold the battery in place. I havent tried this on a bike but this works pretty well with dampening computer hard drives as the interface between the 2 velcros soaks up vibrations. It is a low profile solution that should fit under the trackers seat too.

Mounted my new tires! I needed four tire irons to do it (2 straight, 1 curved, 1 makeshift), but now I finally have a matching set. :bike: I was nervous about switching to the 130-90/16 but it fit without any modification. I polished a lot of the nasty aluminum while I was at it, and am glad I did. :D
Edit: Also swiped a 6.8Ah lithium battery off ebay for $20! I plan on installing it in my saddlebags as emergency power. Today was a good day.

Last edited:
Carried a passenger for the first time in 38 years. Went 74 kms. Didn't take long for the nerves to go away.

I was very surprised how easy it was once we got moving. The extra 150 lbs is very noticeable under hard acceleration and braking - but almost no difference when cruising along.

It could still accelerate smartly up a very steep grade, but with more throttle. Petei, the Rockies will be a breeze unless you acquire a girlfriend before Roger's Pass :wink2:

Nice Lou, I was carrying a passenger for the first time EVER on the same day and it went great. If anyone can tell me how to firm up the rear suspension that would be great. I kept bottoming out on bumps.

Nice Lou, I was carrying a passenger for the first time EVER on the same day and it went great. If anyone can tell me how to firm up the rear suspension that would be great. I kept bottoming out on bumps.

adjust the preload on the springs :)

Back