What did you do with your XS today?

Replace electric starter button and tore apart the left handle instrument to try to get the horn button in. Alas missing the assembley inside the controls.

Swore a bit, cuz it didn't one-kick today.:mad: Turns out it's fouling plugs ... my baby likes spark.

Posted via Mobile

Thanks. Recycled my old seat leather and wraped my pan. Now to clean all the damn spray adhesive off my hands.

3d599ec2.jpg

689619a3.jpg

Discovered that brake actuator rods for xs 400's and xs 360's are NOT THE SAME.

Cussing, drilling and grinding will solve this problem later today.

Getting rid of sum rust in da tank with my friend white vinegar and looking up info about switching my old petcock out for one of those new ones from mikes . They have one that is a non-gravity (on-off only)with 46mm mounts that i think is an exact fit .... guess i will find out aye ?

Put new tires on the wheels, then the wheels onto the bike.

What. A. Pain. In. The. Ass.

Wow. lol. The garage was 110(per therometer), humid, and no ventilation because the place I live gets pissed if you work on your vehicles in the garage.

Although the cars all work on them with doors open all the time, the one time I did it with my bike I got a citation.

Bastards! :p

BUT! Now I got new rubber on the bike, new petcock, fuel filter setup, gas cap, air filter, and some other random crap.

Although next weekend I am doing the unthinkable and letting someone else work on her. Need some welding done and such. ugh, the heart break. :(

... the place I live gets pissed if you work on your vehicles in the garage. Although the cars all work on them with doors open all the time, the one time I did it with my bike I got a citation... :(
In the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave? :yikes:
There isn't a more telling symbol of a free country than the citizenry exercising its right to surrender its freedom.
Sounds pretty collectivist to me. Dan, do you live on some sort of desert commune? :wink2:

sent out order for my new petcock and got sum more ideas off of this site for my build . after looking@400bobber and 77hardtail's scooters i have scratched the idea of a cafe style and going to do the bobber look . LOVE the look of their bikes ! thanks guys ! ill get sum pics up soon of my tear down .

Went for my first ride on the new tires!

Felt weird to be on properly rounded tires again lol. Gonna put a few more heat cycles through them before I start pushing the edges much(look forward to my crash report lol).

I live in a crappy neighborhood at the moment. Bunch of condo's ran by elderly folk. :(

Enjoyed being able to ride mine around with the revs higher than ever now that I found and fixed my float issue in my carbs.

Back