What did you do with your XS today?

hacked off sum more metal , some parts came in so i can finaly put the crbs back together , my petcock is still due in , reading more threads as usual , will upload pic's tomorrow of the mess ! HA but lovin it !

Ordered som gastank reapairkit! Pulled out the bike of the garage, and cleaned the hell
out of my mc-part!
I found out that my gastank takes about 8L / 2,1Gallon I thought that after all hammering to make tha gastank fit it would be like 4,5L :D

And today I'm gonna clean out the carbs ones more! Hope to be able to drive it in august :)

I built a new manometer and synched the carbs! I'm also playing with new foot peg ideas because I keep destroying the rubber ones.

I set a new record the other day; within 2 hours I destroyed a brand new set if footpeg rubbers, both sides :(

Raining? In Canada? This July?

Picked the first cloudy day in weeks to go off "monumenting" and the skies opened up on the way home - first rain in a month.

Resealed leaky carb boots and synched carbs for 100th time....

Now lower end power is back. But still have flat spot at mid range.
Needle set too lean?:confused:

Attachments

• l_7535899.jpg
    l_7535899.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 221
Stock intake and exhaust
Pilot jets #45 (mixture set to 2 1/2 turns out)
Main jets (German spec)- needle set to middle position
#132,5
When accelerating engine revs to 5k with no problems then ''hangs'' and after little struggle revs all the way with full power (feels like turbo lag on a car).... scared the s*it out of me the other day :D

Take a look at the plugs. I've been tuning my bike a LOT lately and found that being too rich caused my flat spots.

If you're hearing lots of popping under load/acceleration it's probably too lean. If you're too rich you generally won't hear much, save for occasionally backfires or popping when the throttle is chopped (closed quickly) or you're shifting gears under hard acceleration.

So, you're lean if you hear popping while you're on the throttle. You're rich if you hear popping when you roll off the throttle. If you're marginal you may not hear anything.

I am guessing that 45 pilot is not original. Pretty much everything I have seen came with a 42.5, but I could be wrong.

Bought a battery and sparkplugs! Switched back to the original gastank, so if everything goes the way I plan I'm gonna put up a riding video later today! :bike:

built manometer, synched carbs, installed #150 main jets and drove it like a pissed off teenager :) no more hesitation and jerking over 5,500 rpm with those big jets, however now i may be a tad too rich as it pops a lot when i coast and let off throttle. nonetheless it is still a big improvement from before when i had the 143.5 mains and couldnt rev past 5,500 lolz

Drove to work today, 19mi of fog so thick my visor was open the whole way, bike got a bit wet along with my jeans..but a damp morning due to riding is a good morning!

ran out of gas!
I just finished recleaning the carbs as I think the float needle was sticking and put them back on last night. Took it for a spin at lunch today and was very confused why it died at the intersection and I couldn't get it to start again...4mi from home. Thankfully I was only 2 mi from the gas station and hitched a ride for the return trip...
Bonus, I have a new $15 gas can!

Swapped front brake lines, caliper and MS off my other bike after dumping it in the gravel twice cause it locked up.

went riding the other day in the dry, sunny british weather. Then a wall of deluge hit me with 2ft water on the road. Turned right round (very slowly) and back into the sunny dry weather.

Back