Where to buy sprockets???

liam

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where have you folks purchased your sprockets??? Im having a helluva time finding front sprockets, especially 17t ones. I need both plus a new chain, for an '80 sohc.

Where have you folks purchased your sprockets??? Im having a helluva time finding front sprockets, especially 17t ones. I need both plus a new chain, for an '80 sohc.
I have seen them on-line but I found that the pictures didn't match up with what the descriptions described (like the number of teeth).
I went in to a local motorcycle accessory shop and the owner had access to all parts suppliers. He ordered me the 17T sprocket in the pic below. Cheaper in the long run even though the list price was a couple of bucks higher than on-line, because there were NO added shipping charges, and, if it had not been the right one for any reason, there would be no return shipping or waiting for a refund. A much better way to buy anything - at least for an oldster like me. And it's nice to help keep the local guy's business going.

Attachments

• Front 17T.JPG
    Front 17T.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 211
Make sure it's the same one for your bike as Dan and I both have DOHCs. I'm not aware that there is a difference, but if there was it wouldn't be the first time .....

Back