Worst carbs in the world!!!!

xschris

XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
:doh: Saw these for sale on ebay. I have seen and rebuilt dozens of carbs over the years but have never seen such a fucked up set ever!! I wonder what the insides look like:yikes: The starting bit was like $55:laugh: Some people have sets like this on there bikes. I am sure, and then ask why won't it work? And we say CLEAN YOU CARBS!!! Of course I don't think any amount of boiling or blasting will fix these.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqZHJD!FCblhlIR+BQtqGsb7yg~~60_57.jpg
    $(KGrHqZHJD!FCblhlIR+BQtqGsb7yg~~60_57.jpg
    317.2 KB · Views: 397
  • $T2eC16dHJFoE9nh6piifBQtqGgBngg~~60_57.jpg
    $T2eC16dHJFoE9nh6piifBQtqGgBngg~~60_57.jpg
    312.6 KB · Views: 342
If I had a xs750 to put them on and could get them for next to free I would see if they could be made to work again.

Those are worth it - they were found off the coast of Havana, and are pre-colonial spanish treasure! You can see the coral growing on the air side, that means it's been under water for decades:laugh:

Alright, who the hell would bid on that? I have no fabrication skills but I bet I could get some scrap metal from my yard and build something from scratch that would work better than that.

Its another one of those ebay deals where a total p.o.s. gets listed in hopes a retard with no clue buys them:doh: The guy had good feedback:shrug:

I have a nighthawk I'm rebuilding that was jacked up like that. The white solid scale took four days in Muriatic acid solution and elbow grease to remove...

That said...

The support rail can be derusted with vinegar or reverse electrolysis (youtube, super easy)

And the internals will never be that bad because the tolerance of the gap on metals is very close unless bent by force...I soak my externals in vinegar and then heavy duty cleaner degreaser from First Street. Sort of a restaurant brand...

In other words....if you HAD to save them, you could. Bidding on them though....

pathetic!

Those are worth it - they were found off the coast of Havana, and are pre-colonial spanish treasure! You can see the coral growing on the air side, that means it's been under water for decades:laugh:

Actually you're not too far off the mark. In truth these were recovered recently when the WWII U-boat 572 was raised off the coast of Gibraltar. That U-boat was sunk in March, 1945 when the Nazi's were secretly smuggling all their high tech equipment to safe havens all over the world. Lucky for us xs400 lovers, a pair of these had already made it to Japan that year, but of coarse it would be a few years before the world had a chance to see them in all their glory.

I'd just boil 'em in blinker fluid for like 97 months, mount 'em and hit the strip. I'd be makin' low 8's for sure..

I thought those washed a shore from the garbage thats coming in from the psunami that occured in japan.

Back