XS 400 bobber January show pics

jochicos

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Did pretty well considering the competition. Harley choppers and Triumphs with big dollar budgets. Won 2nd place in Entry level 4 Biker Build off class.
softcorebobber1.jpg

bobber1model.jpg

bobber2frontshot-1.jpg

awardwinner.jpg

5345356708_96e6808288_b.jpg

Just having some fun. Nothing else to do till the next project.

Last edited:
Congrats' on your 2nd place mate :thumbsup: It must be tough going up against the normal big money builds with a little XS400, and it shows that originality and style can still make a difference.

Caddy

Yeah the judges were actually quite surprised to see such a bike amongst all these others. Everyone stopped to enquire and ask, what is that. Little kids were asking there parents if they could get one just like that.haha I decided to build something a bit different from the norm.
The judge even said I would of had 1st place if a had the bike wired up and tidied up the frame finish a bit. But I was just in a rush to finish it. Ive been at it for over a year already.
I hope all the XS400 owners get a inspired and build something cool. You don't need a wad of cash to make it look and ride rite.

Excellent showing and killer looks. What is the connection / dial? at the frame to the rear end below the seat? And its so low the front wheel looks like a 26 incher.

The dial under the seat is actually a skate board wheel. It serves as a chain guide to clear the frame. We'll see how well it works. Its good to see some people from Ontario. There is never enough time. I almost didn't make the show.

its cool to hear of judging that is not enamered with big dollar budget builds,but takes into account lower dollar builds that are clean and use some ingenuity and look outside the box for styling cues.
When our local club used to do the car show scene ,it was frustrating to see guys who put heart and soul into their rides get passed over for big money rides that were bought not built...or best paint awards going to brand new vehicles with a decal kit....part of the reason I got out of showing my car.
There must be some true satisfaction felt on your part for such an accomplishment.
I think in talking to other bike builders like ourselves,who work out of our garages for the fun/love,that the bike scene is a bit different?...in that people appreciate grass roots style building.
anyhow....Congrats...and keep up the good work.

Thanks for the recognition guys. Its all about building the bike for me. I love riding, but true satisfaction is building it from nothing. Hope to see more builds on this site. I will be building an X650 bratstyle bobber for my woman soon, so I will be starting a build thread. Ill do my best in tracking as much as possible since I always forget to take pics.

Back