Xs400 History and Front Caliper issue

Hedlight

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
Hello!

First off I want to add that I am a new member, and I have just recently purchased a 1982 XS 400R (seca model). I love this bike but I am having some difficulty finding out the compatibility with the other XS models.

What I really need to find is a replacement front brake caliper. I searched through previous threads, and found the "Other brake calipers that fit stock forks mounts?" thread very helpful, but I never see just the XS 400R listed.

I found out the hard way when when trying to purchase a push rod that there are many various models. The sellers would guarantee me that the parts would fit my model, but in the end I had to have one made by a machine shop. :banghead:

Just to be sweet and to the point, does anyone know if calipers would fit from another model of the xs 400, or where I can find a replacement for this part? It's become quite apparent that is impossible to find parts for this bike. I am game for salvaged or aftermarket parts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Thanks Drewpy!

The bike is currently at the shop, but here are some pictures of the bike. You can sort of see the caliper from these angles. When I go to the shop next I'll try to get some pictures of the caliper itself. Until then these will have to do. :D

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 320
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 335
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 329
i'm having similar problem.
Rdlc non ypvs ones are the same. FZ is different
and early 80's xv250's

trouble is with the retro 2 stroke boom anything thats for an RD carries a large price tag.

Back