xs500 down pipes

bikersteve

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hi all, does anybody know if l can use xs500 down pipes (header pipes ) on my xs400se ? have seen a set up for sale . only have a very rusty 2 into 1 pipe and whated to put 2 exhausts back on. pic of my project so far

Attachments

• DSC00508.jpg
    DSC00508.jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 341
don't think they do or i would be seeing motad stuff advertised as fitting both bikes.

you can get down pipes bent for you. My mate had his done for £60 each a few years ago. then he got SITO exhausts to fit.

the SE/Special exhaust system is different than the standard xs400's

Dont know if they will fit the Dohc engine but will have to reuse them if untill l come up with a replacement. thinking about making a stainless exhaust now , no more rust :D

If you sort out a new exhaust or want to sell/swap that 2-1 let me know Steve, I think it would suit the style of bike I'm trying to build.

Caddy

I don't think that they will either.I got a set of header pipes from a member here a while ago,and they're a bit different angle on the bends.However,I plan to make a pipe bender to make another project,a trike maybe,so I'll tweak the bends a bit and see.I will certainly use them on something. lha

Back