3 Top Tubes Suck!!!!! Need Tank Ideas!!!!

i think im going to try either a axed or alien tank from TC Bros. Sorry to say but in my oppion is the only place for sporty tank is on a sportster.

ha it worked

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 401
I know it was discussed, but just to clarify, I have a 76' rd400. The rd tank will not fit on my xs400 frame. The only tanks I've found to fit over and cover those 3rd bars are the original xs tanks. Thank you Yamaha. I wonder if a guy could make some money building custom tanks for our bikes? Then i remembered why I bought the 400, I couldn't afford a single backbone bike, so I sure as hell wouldn't pay for a custom built tank!

i think im going to try either a axed or alien tank from TC Bros. Sorry to say but in my oppion is the only place for sporty tank is on a sportster.

i dont think an alien tank would look good, with the triple backbone

sportster tanks can look good imo :) they can rest nicely on the extra backbones

hey firsttimer, how'd you stretch or lower the rear wheel like that? and also how'd you bend the seat, i love that look

thanks. i streched the swingarm 3.25" i welded a rod on the underside for support. as for the seat, i cut the frame off around where the factory tank bolts on. 7/8" .120 wall tubing. i work at a exhaust shop so to bend the pipes i put them in the vice and with even heat they bent perfect. i used same tubing to make the handle bars. cant find any pics of the streching process. in front for now the front forks are 2.5" in the the tree. not sure if ill have time to get the springs cut b4 it gets nice enough to ride. got the bike for free and im trying to get away as cheap as possible

Attachments

• cut seat rails.jpg
    cut seat rails.jpg
    306.3 KB · Views: 314
  • seat rails.jpg
    seat rails.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 295
My tank was totally rusted through,and I couldn't find a correct year or model[xs400rj seca DOHC],so I got one from a xs600,which is a lot wider.This is no problem as the "new one" is like new,no dents,no rust. lhaolpa:banghead:

Back