79 new build newby motorcycle mechanic rebuilt a moped. question about stripped case bolt

I built CVT type transmissions in industrial applications 25 years ago before they ever went to cars. I have built standard ATX forever. Haven't done CVT car yet but I understand the service manuals and part layouts on them and how they work and easy. What math on CVT?, the ratios are considered variable and give no numbers. And you consider TWO sprockets not just one as well as any entry ratios in getting power to the chain or belt. Many use planetaries now. To begin with CVT sucks on a bike, it saps too much power and reliability is nil.

You need no math on the 3/8" bolt if grade 8, it will withstand far more than the case itself will. Minimum tensile strength 150,000 psi.

I'm sorry you can't find a simple Q size drill bit. My bad for giving you something too hard to do. If you drop down one more size then a 21/64 and easy to find. The bore hole drops from .332" down to .328", the tap will be a bit harder to get started but no problem. It took seconds to look at a drill chart to come up with that, another one of the skills missing here along with getting the idea in head to begin with.

'Anyhow does aluninum pour stick like lead? Its possible to seat studs with with lead n tin too.'

Mixing facts up in your head again if those two sentences back to back were meant to work together. If referring to low temp aluminum solder then it has no real strength like needed there. And tinned lead will absolutely NOT stick to aluminum at all.

'...can the transmission be cycled easy with no clutch n crank...'

Yes, it can, I've done it a thousand times. You have to be able to grasp how the synchros work.

'...pully with chain doubled or tripled..'

Begging for more trouble, if loaded hard multiple chain runs to spread load out are the worst thing you can do. The big flaw in the original CB750 SOHC transmission and why they detuned them every year more and more to slow them down. Too many breakages the warranty had to cover. Before you say Harley used them I say Harleys don't make enough power to break them.

Last edited:
thanks for all help amc. yeah i look at all kinds of tap charts they are different with heli n timeserts n bolts tooo.... anyhow trying to delet post n start with own pics n what i do later. anyhow amc a skill is how many times you do something right? you never replaced this exact bolt so your skill level is zero too. i have 4 retapped brass 6mm in my skill set for a surf board thats y i own yap. anyhow can we delete whole thread moderator? thanks n i got some armore brand carbine bits in 4 size i borrowed i dont really know how much they sale for too i just think that for some reason as i borrowed.

oh bolt stength is not in psi as i know. its in 4 values at least. pull out in what metal. shear n top part pull. its in pounds. if you habe 15 pounds of peasure on it then the load is that plus the 15 right? whats these figures on a stock bolt n whats the figures of it being 1 or 1.5 inch in that certain case? who knows right was question maybe do all those test. but its in pounds not psi. 150k psi in a case would be like a huge bomb because there are how many inces to that case? that would be million of pounds on the shells man thst equals bomb.

dude maybe theres more to this psi shit? psi of a bolt i think is how much pressure before it starts shrinking the metal smaller so at 150k maybe it starts compressing atomically?. dude theres so much bs out now even nasa isnt nasa anymore its sasa if in south american new french guinenie. im questioning how much bs amc is too

oh yeah i dont know if steel shrinks or expands under 150 psi 3d air pressure? at high pressures its said to heat then it expands where to how much it expands once shrink we will never know right or wtong i wonder too... anyhow idea of enough ftiction to disroy a nucleus is a crazy concept

the concept of planets r the same as engines as they could possibly be one element incased in another under high pressures? so theory a bunch of free particles but no make sense to me free particals but debatable. i think it could just be one atom of something afound 3 atoms of something else right?

Back