I have a xs400 1979
It was given to me in a box the sat under a house for 8 years
Motor seams to be seized
Frame looks good
Thinking of making a hard tail I saw a kit on line
anyone used this kit before if so is it any good
I have filled the pistons with penetrating oil will see in a couple of days

Posted via Mobile

The only kit for a xs hard tail I have seen online was for the xs650. The owner of this site travis sell one just for the xs400. Welcome to the forum and post some pics of the bike:)

ok what would be the best way to jump in this motor
built a small engine mount got the plugs out poured some miracle oil into it its all I have at this time I will put in other cocktails latter
my question is leave the heads on or try to take off

thanks

If the motor has set up that bad you most likely will need a top end rebuild any way. Gaskets and seal are easy to get (ebay) but over size pistons/rings are very hard to find. You best bet is to find a running donor motor.

Ok miracle oil worked
All free smiles
Ok to to the top end any tricks to know about
I think since it was seized I should hone it out
And maybe new rings
Am I on track??

Posted via Mobile

Ok best why to do a compression test with no tester
Please remember I live on a small island in the Caribbean ocean

Thanks
I will check to see if I could find on but meanwhile ??

Posted via Mobile

If finding a compression tester is hard to find then finding engine parts will be waaaay harder:eek: They are hard enough to find here in the states.

Ok tried to up load some pic but don't know where thy went lol not to tec savy
Ok took the head off and the pots can some one know what the thickness between piston and wall
Looks not to bad on the walls one score on one of the walls just hon the walls I think
Where to find rings any help out the
Oh yea did a rookie mistake taking the master link off the slide I have but the little fucker behind it I did not see even had a rag in the space but the little buggers slipped in I will get a magnet tomorrow and go fishing can one buy gust the link (maybe):doh:
Ok treys to load another pic still don't know how to put it on this thread sorry if it's going some where else

Tree

Posted via Mobile

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 234
Thanks to everyone for the great help so far
Now I am looking for a stator the only thing I have is the cover the round end cap need everything else thanks

Posted via Mobile

Back