1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS400.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want an XS400.com t-shirt? Go to the store to order. Limited sizes and quantities available.
    Dismiss Notice

Wanted - Air Cleaner Grommets

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by spectra, Jun 10, 2018.

1. spectra

spectra XS400 Junkie

Looking at the blow up sheet on partszilla there are some grommets that go in the end of the air cleaners before they attach to the h pipe. And of course with all the parts I have those are not something I have.......if you pulled yours off and are running pods and dont need them let me know......

Thanks! in advance.......

2. Petew

Petew XS400 True Believer

Let me look around here, I didn't use the boxes on my 80's

3. Petew

Spectra,
    are these the ones you need, the air filter slides thru them on the box...you are welcome to them if you want them.

grommets.jpg

4. spectra

spectra XS400 Junkie

Not sure but if they came off the end of the air cleaner where it mates up to the H pipe those are it. I was looking at the pic of what I was missing as the air cleaners were in a box with other parts when I got the bike. Not exactly sure how they work but will figure it out.

And yes if you want to part ways with them I will take them. Just let me know what I owe you and can send it your way.

Thanks!

5. Petew

They are yours. I'll send them out to you. they sit in the hole that the filter extends through. I'll grab an envelope and get them out to you.

6. spectra

spectra XS400 Junkie

Thanks!!!!

7. xschris

xschris a lifestyle not a trend

Those in good shape are hard to find. If your using stock air boxes they are a must. Do you have more of them? I would buy a set if you do.

8. Petew

I will take a look Chris, I should have another set here.

9. Petew

I will take a look Chris, I should have another set here.

10. xschris

Thanks. All of my bike run stock boxes now and it would be nice to have a few extras of these around.

11. Petew

I have these.. one is really good, the other has some split that are on the flat lip but the rest seems okay. You are welcome to them Chris top.jpg bottom.jpg

12. xschris

Looks good. How does $10 sound. Give me your paypal and I will send it out.

13. Petew

No charge Chris, you and Spectra have both been very helpful to me. I would only have left them laying around. Somehow I accumulated 5 sets of air cleaner boxes with only 2 bikes having them removed:umm: just get me an address and they will go out tomorrow.

14. xschris

Sent you $5 that should cover shipping. Remembered we have done business in the past and had your address.

15. Petew

That wasn't necessary. Thank you

16. xschris

I don't mind. I like to at least pay for shipping.

17. K Braun

K Braun XS400 Member

If anyone magically has another set of these, please shoot me a line!

18. spectra

spectra XS400 Junkie

I am still looking..............Pete sent mine to someone who doesnt have a bike :laugh2:

19. Petew

...or the postmaster does.have a bike...

spectra likes this.
  20. K Braun

K Braun XS400 Member

Dang, well hopefully you get sorted out and some kind soul hits me up too!

spectra likes this.