Air Filters

yamaha, i think they are still listed part # 1L9-14451-00

you can also google the part number and see what happens

Thanks for links and input guys. I actually ordered a set of those from Partsnmore and just waiting on them to get here right now. I also ordered a set from www.oldbikebarn.com too. The filters from oldbikebarn.com are foam just as the orginal part. Not sure which I'm going to use but I wanted to see which would work best.

mcrowell75: I'll let ya know when the filters from Partsnmore come in. Should be interesting to see what kind of material they are.

yep, partsnmore is legit, i ordered some kits and filters from them a few weeks ago in prep for spring. the filter necks are a little short, but a little persuasion and they work real nice

the filter material is a thick paper. i think they might last a couple seasons if you clean them gently

oh, and the petcock repair kits ROCK for the stock vaccuum petcocks. i hate manuals

Well I got the air filter in from partsnmore today. It's a good product but the fit is a little off. Once I put it in the stock casing and tried to fit it to the intake boot from the carb it was a little too short. Guess I'm gonna be ordering some oem filters now to get the right fit until I can get some of the junk out of the way to fit K&M filters on it.

try removing that cheesy rubber bushing. it's not going to be a deep fit, but there is enough room for the clamp to keep a good bite. it's not going anywhere (unless you ride around without side covers all day long, lol

they seem to flow pretty good. granted they're still restrictive, but slightly less so than stock foam filters. you *shouldn't* have to rejet, but you milage may vary compared to mine. i'm running a 78 xs400-2e, and they ran just fine until one of my coil packs fried yesterday.

Thanks for all the good info on this thread.

I'm thinking I need to jump on these filters.

I'm getting nowhere with jetting for my filter pods.

I bought a set that looks identical (but ordered from a local shop) and when I went to install the one, the mount busted. They're a lot cheaper than the Yamaha ones in price and quality.

The stock (yamaha) ones are not that bad in price i think i paid like $50 for a pair of them a few years ago.

I got 15* angles UNI pod filters from bikebandit for 30bucks shipped to my door, great filters with a two piece design that is easy to clean

Just found the bill for them dated 3-24-06 they where 21.17 each at lane's yamaha in watkins glen ny. I know that it was 5 years ago but that would be a big price jump.:yikes:

Last edited:
Back