Bike does not pick up speed

mpark620

mpark620
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I've been working on this bike for a few weeks now. Bike works fine and starts up fine. However, when I go to shift to a higher gear, the bike barely picks up any speed. The max the bike goes is to 45 mph and that's at 6 th gear. Really frustrating as I just went ahead cleaned the carbs and rejetted and did everything else such as new oil, filter, and idle screws. Any other advice or has anyone gone through a similar issue before? Anything would help guys!

Best,

Mikey

have you gone through all the steps here? Valve clearance, carb sync, clutch adjustment?

My bike wouldn't go faster than 65 when I first got it. Had to clean the carbs 3 times before I got it to run right. Now it does almost 95 mph. My first guess would be that you have missed some passages when you cleaned the carbs - there are more than you think ;)

have you gone through all the steps here? Valve clearance, carb sync, clutch adjustment?

My bike wouldn't go faster than 65 when I first got it. Had to clean the carbs 3 times before I got it to run right. Now it does almost 95 mph. My first guess would be that you have missed some passages when you cleaned the carbs - there are more than you think ;)

dido. you probably missed cleaning a passage. fuel air spark and you have a running engine. so if you have air and spark it going to be a fuel issue.
an improperly adjusted carb will also give you poor preformance.
if your vavle adjustments are off then that would reduce the power output but i would start with the carbs again. then go to vavles.
not a bad idea to pull plugs clean and re-gap.
:thumbsup:

Back