Cafe Bike

JJJAADD

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Good morning,
I was wondering if any of you who have modified your bike to have more of a café or bobber style had any sites you recommend for parts like seats or clip-ons and stuff like that. Thanks in advance!

Im working on mine, and if you search here, there are a lot more.
I’m from Holland, and use a local dealer who can order stuff for me from caferacer.nl
AliExpress for small stuff, and I see eBay a lot as well. Although eBay in NL is no succes.

Amazon and ebay are your friend if your in the states and it looks like you are. As for the seat well unless your not doing any fab work and if doing a cafe you will be I would just find a local shop to make it. The ebay seats are ok but dont fit that well. I pretty much picked everything off amazon and ebay for this one. Did all the fab work myself and having a local shop do the seat for me.

IMG_5429.jpg

Amazon and ebay are your friend if your in the states and it looks like you are. As for the seat well unless your not doing any fab work and if doing a cafe you will be I would just find a local shop to make it. The ebay seats are ok but dont fit that well. I pretty much picked everything off amazon and ebay for this one. Did all the fab work myself and having a local shop do the seat for me.

View attachment 32368

I made my own seat. I bought 1/4' plywood and fiberglass mat and resin. I bought some leather from fabric shop on EBay who has a ton of choices. I bought the foam from a kayak/canoe store and used spray glue and staples.

I have some old clip ons that I never ended up using due to clearance issues. They are the cheap ones that you see on Dimecity and probably everywhere else. I ended up getting real Tarozzi bars and they are perfect..

I made my own seat. I bought 1/4' plywood and fiberglass mat and resin. I bought some leather from fabric shop on EBay who has a ton of choices. I bought the foam from a kayak/canoe store and used spray glue and staples.

I have some old clip ons that I never ended up using due to clearance issues. They are the cheap ones that you see on Dimecity and probably everywhere else. I ended up getting real Tarozzi bars and they are perfect..
Awesome man do you have any pictures of the process?

Unfortunately, i do not have pictures.. i regret not documenting more of my bike, but a lot of the process was more spur of the moment deals.. my hands were always full and also greasy and i cant stand using my phone as a camera.

I basically made a template with cardboard and used the tank mount as the front mounting point for the seat. I retained the original cross member on the rear of the frame between the shocks, so i used that as the rear mounting point.

I cut the wood from the template and got to work with the fiberglass. Do yourself a favor and wear gloves for this part!!

The seat ended up coming out not so great. I cut a spot out on the seat pan to mount the battery and other electronics. I did other things with the electronics, so now i have an empty space that sinks down in my seat. Now there’s basically a crater right where i sit.

Since the bike runs, ive just left it alone and dealt with it. Ive put it off for the last year because i just want to ride, and my shop (shed) isnt heated and doesnt have power..

Back