Cafe build

well I found the seat im gonna run. Should flow nicely with the tank
cafeseat.jpg

"Im super f*&king savy" lol I almost spit my gatorade on my laptop watching this. Im just gonna start wearing a cafe t-shirt so everyone knows.

The build may be on hold for a little bit. Having trouble with titling. I bought it with no title but the guy I got it from said he was still in contact with the original owner and could most likely get it. So were on hold til I get a title. If no title, looks like its time to find a frame with a title. Ill keep an update. This really sucks because Im really looking to get this done and go ride the bejesus out of it. Plus the price of diesel is going thru the roof and was looking forward to saving money on fuel

can you get a bonded title in your state? i did it in tx and it was about $200. every state is different though. what a bummer.

I Probably could, but if I can get another titled frame for like $100 im just gonna do that. A replacement title is $77 so I might as well. And then when this bike is done Ill have an extra frame for another build, then Ill get a bonded title.

You'll end up with a salvage title if your vins don't match, will you not? Are you sure you need a title? Did you actually call the dmv and ask?

Cafedan learn me on a bonded title. Apparently I can get one here in WA. I know I need to apply for one and then buy a bond. My question is how big of a bond do I need?

Cafedan learn me on a bonded title. Apparently I can get one here in WA. I know I need to apply for one and then buy a bond. My question is how big of a bond do I need?

the process in texas is.
-go to the dmv title office and get a letter stating it doesnt have a lien or its not stolen. they also value the vehicle which is 1 1/2 times the actual value for tax purposes. my bike for example was valued at $1500
-then go to a bonding agent (independant) i found one close to my house. pay $100 and they give you paperwork right there on the spot for the dmv.
-go to inspection, special form had to be filled out here, but the inspection place had the form and knew what to do when i told them i had a bonded title.
-go to the dmv for title transfer, pay taxes, pay license and registration and i was good!
oh. one other note. i did have to take insurance proof to pass inspection as well.

now this is only for texas. it does vary in every state. i though texas was hard. i know in some states all you need is a bill of sale and your done.:wtf:
if it was me, id just drop in to the dmv and ask for info.

Well I cant help it. Im not gonna let this title thing slow me down. Just scored an 18" complete rear mag for 30 bucks on Ebay. My Brembo 320mm front rotor should be here in the next few days along with my gold spot caliper. FULL SPEED AHEAD!! Will post some pics Monday hopefully. Frame is gonna get hacked on a little and then sent out for blasting. Then gonna dress all the welds and lay nice clean ones and finish welding areas the factory didn't.

Back