Cafe High Build Intro

well today wasnt all that productive, sanded down my tank, one more coat of primer and its ready for paint. Think i found the fix for my fork stops too. Had to fix the truck so i can go pick up another hot rod/rat rod project :D

Got a little ahead of myself and had to throw some paint down on the tank. IM thinking orange with everything else is black is going to look pretty killer :rock:

Attachments

• 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 290
Motley, how much fabbing did that fork swap take? Looks kinda like something I was thinking of for mine...

Just a bearing swap and some fab work for a fork stop. If you go to AllBallsRacing.com they have a fork conversion tab. It lets you see all of the forks possible and the bearings needed to do so. If you use their website, say your bike is a 1988 fzr400, they dont have any xs400 stuff on there but the head tubes are the same size!

well, progress has been at a minimum since i had football all summer and now school and football. But I am going to be making a seat cowl and soon and milling out a custom top triple tree in my engineering class at school. Might just make rear sets too..
Sorry its been so long, every time i get my other bike out I kick myself in the butt for not getting this one done!

Resurrecting an old thread I know but I'm looking onto this same fork swap. How did you put the xs wheels on the gsxr forks?

To put the Xs wheels on the GSXR forks i'm using the GSXR axle and ordered bearings with the same OD as the XS Wheels and the ID of the GSXR bearings.

Im going to be real honest, havent done much work on this bike for a while. Crazy how senior year of high school goes by and before you know it, it is spring time again!

Well, geez, priorities man!

I went to my undergrad at Wartburg College in Waverly, just up the road from you.

Thanks for the info, I'll look into getting some bearings.

Back