cheap rearsets

redratbike

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
just saw these and got me thinking ..would be nice for you cafe boys or are they too modern looking?

sorry Cad ....if this makes you spend more money

Item number: 130489972413

Price: £29.99 Buy it now or Best Offer: Make offer

Postage: £19.99 - Economy Delivery from outside UK

!Bj5)7T!BWk~$(KGrHqYOKj!Esnp9V4IvBLVUt1,WL!~~_12.JPG

Just read on yamaha owners club.

"I have read somewhere that the old fzr rearsets can easily bolt up to the xs400. can anyone confirm this? I hate the current pegs and set."

I don't know what the prices on this would be. Anybody have any ideas on this ?

From e-bay 'nonthai_autoparts' posted above pic.

Link: Universal Rearsets fits Yamaha

Measurements show on the pic for the mount as 52mm which is the same as the xs400 I believe .. just used a tape measure (center bolt to center bolt)

Thoughts??

I'm going for a more low down aggressive stance on my xs400 with its cafe/streetfighter style. Inverted forks with clipons below the upper triple and moving the foot controls to the pillion location. Was torn between just changing the pegs or complete set like these. With that price there's a good chance I might go them. Nice find.

Posted via Mobile

Same; I already have clip-ons and my body type is akin to a grasshopper (long legs). Right now I am very hunched over when I am riding normally.

A buddy of mine bought a set from China off ebay...nice pieces...bolted up pretty nicely to his cb350 cafe project....drill and tap one hole per side...be a bit different on the xs..but still do-able.

Ok... so breaking down my 79, and pulled the front pegs, but there are not just two holes there to bolt on a new set, they are mounted on what, pegs? How do you mount new rear sets ????

yep...I cut some plate that fit inside the rearset frame loop...the hoop that holds the exhaust brackets and passenger pegs.Welded in the plate...drilled and tapped for new holes.

:( yeh well, I have no idea how to do that, I will have to check see what other options I have. And if I am going to break down the frame to have it painted it would be good to have anything in place that I want included in the paint job :)

:( yeh well, I have no idea how to do that, I will have to check see what other options I have. And if I am going to break down the frame to have it painted it would be good to have anything in place that I want included in the paint job :)

always dry build it first.

its amazing how things first fit, then you add something later or forgot to, and then it don't without mods.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm what to do? :umm:

My bike is nearly done and then i see this thread, and they will just bolt on.
I'd have to sort out the rear brake reservoir to fit tho and cut off the brackets i'd welded to the frame.

They are rather sexy :pimp: tho i might just have to, i'll get the bronze one's they'd match the Aprilia RS125 top yoke. :cheers:

So they do or do not bolt right up to the xs400? I wasn't planning on doing rearsets but if its that easy I might look into it.

sorry, should have specified. If there are any relatively cheap and easy bolt on options for rear sets (preferably without making a bracket)

Back