Wanted - custom seats for 81 xs400.. whatcha got?

corytburkhart

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
hi i'm cory.. i'm doin my own thing with an 81 xs4oo.. love the site..
well its kinda bobberish but i'm still using the swing arm.. had to buy a new swing arm bolt because the old was in 2 pieces!! so in the beginning i envisioned puttin a saddle type seat on it.. now i want something where i could have a passenger if i wanted.. so somewhat flat from tank to almost back then come up with a box that i can mount my custom tail light/turn signal combo on the back and hide my wiring that i've got relocated already all in that box at the back of the seat..

so i guess it'll be more like a cafe seat.. but whatever i can always do something different later.. doesn't have to be exact i'd just like to see whats out there and maybe something will catch my eye, otherwise i'm make my own..

thanks cory

i have alot of parts that i'm leaving behind if your interested in any of them.. i had planned on letting you guys go through them when i was done.. like both fenders, are in in good shape except the front one is bent a little in one spot.. the old seat, and the leather is damaged... the chain guard... tail light.. rear turn signals... license plate light... the plastic rear fender.. the original air filters .. the exhaust pipe mounts and bolts (i cut em to straight pipes).. and the 2 leg kick stand.. can't think of anything else at the moment.. but when i'm done i will post everything that i didn't re use

thanks cory:banghead:

Back