Engine Case Bolts???

dodger0129

amatuer/enthusiast builde
Reaction score
Hey......

Does anyone know where I can get a nice set of new SS Allen Head bolts for my Seca XS400 DOHC engine cases????:shrug:

I've looked everywhere.....there's plenty around for the SOHC,but no one seems to do one for the DOHC!!!!!:banghead::mad:

Cheers......:thumbsup:

Take measurements of all the lengths and go to a hardware store then match them up.

My local hardware stores charge WAY too much for stainless. A long 6 mm bolt might cost $2 each.

Kits online were like $15 - $20 for the entire engine. That would cost me like $100 locally. I'd buy them online from some kind of distributor if your local prices are as bad as mine.

There are different grades of bolts. If you are just going to just use them for your side case you wont need a 8.8-9 high tensile bolt. If you search ebay for bulk bolts you can get them for much cheaper and cut them to size.

As soon as he posts the details someone will start selling a kit based on it :laughing:

Not quite a complete a kit, as I'd like, and the shipping charges to Canada are almost as much as the cost of the kit. I should be able to source the hardware locally for less. If I could make the time to pull every bolt and screw and measure them...

@Robsteeler66......Cheers mate,that works out about £42GBP shipped....a bit steep but it is the ONLY set i've seen for the DOHC!!:mad:

@16vgtidave....If I decide to pull the originals,and custom cut my own I will definately post a diagram with lengths etc....:thumbsup:

@bcware....you know it dude!!!lol:doh:

@ xschris....I think this is probably the way to go,will have to weigh up the cost of buying the bolts,compared to the cost of the kit robsteeler has shown,although I would be amazed if I couldn't get them cheaper in bulk.:yikes:

Thanks for all your thoughts fellas....will keep you updated:cheers:

I think that was the kit I bought for our xs400 cafe project. As noted by 16VGTIDave, its not quite a complete kit butn the rpice was about the best I could find. I think I paid $32 for it last year.

try a2a4 fixing based in Southampton.

for bolt lengths if you look at your parts book the last 4 digits refer to the size eg 0534 would be 5mm x 34mm
or do what i do and measure with a caliper.

there is a full list on xs400.de site for sohc but its in German of course

try a2a4 fixing based in Southampton.

for bolt lengths if you look at your parts book the last 4 digits refer to the size eg 0534 would be 5mm x 34mm
or do what i do and measure with a caliper.

there is a full list on xs400.de site for sohc but its in German of course

Cheers Drewpy....will check 'em out :thumbsup:

Must be nice to have the original places to go to. Here we have about a million Gloucesters, Southamptons, Nothamptons, Cambridges, etc. etc. Every time someone says; hey there's this great place in horseknucklebuckinghosepipeshire, I have to say which one?

I got my stainless engine bolt kit from eBay the seller is mcfasteners they guys name is Nigel reasonably priced and the kit he sent was very good but missed a few bolts one very friendly phone call and he sent me a few more to complete the kit nice genuine guy worth a look if you get stuck

Back