First Timer! Wanting to get started on a bobber project

Romeo2589

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hows it going everyone!

Im new to the bobber scene. In the the Navy and I just finished up deployments so now I get to have some down time and bobbers caught my eye. I really dont know anything about builiding a custom motorcycle whatsoever but hey, every pro was once an amateur. I am currently looking at buying a '82 xs400 project bike now and Im glad to see there is a forum that has others doing the same thing. I have an attachment of the possible project. Let me know what you think. Hoping that once I get the project underway I will be able to get questions answered, possibly find other bobber enthusiasts near me and get help wherever needed. Im looking forward to this journey to making my first bobber!!! Thanks to whoever reads this and keep up the good work on your projects!!!

Paul FNG hahaha:laugh::thumbsup:

Attachments

• bobber project.jpg
    bobber project.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 117
Looks good. Thats a pretty cool bike. I see someone took out the suspension and hardtailed it already.

I think this would be a great bobber project bike. It has the dohc 400 motor which has a bit more power than the earlier sohc counterpart. From the looks of it all it really needs is a seat, lights, and paint/polish to your liking. How does it run?

Ya I thought it had some potential as well just from looking at others projects and completed bobbers. From what the guy told me it runs just fine but he took the wiring harness off so that is all it would need to get it running again. He said it wouldnt cost more than $25 or so but as I said I dont have much knowledge and Im just doing my research to see what I find.

you might be able to find one for $25. Thats pretty low end though. I would expect them to be more in the 50-60 range. Still not that much. 83xs400. I like the bike good job.

Back