FNG from KCMO

I have the same color bike as you. If you're looking for ideas I stole this one from a wrenchmonkees bike to see what it would look like. Whatever you decide to do taper the tail as it goes from seat towards to the tire. If you're going for a triangular shape like that just soften the edges and it will look just like the picture. Nice work so far!

For dent removal I have also seen a few videos on youtube of people heating the edges of the dent with a hair dryer or heat gun and spraying the dent itself with a can of compressed air held upside down. When you hold the can upside down it sprays super cold liquid. The heat expands metal and cold makes it shrink. It might work if you have the supplies lying around!

Attachments

• cowl_pshop.psd.jpg
    cowl_pshop.psd.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 190
I found a steal on bearings for the rear wheel, bike barn has the fronts and rears for 50.00 total w/ shipping. Next, I'm ordering my tires and tubes for 125.00. Coming close to that 700.00

Id go about an inch or 2 shorter on the height of the seat. Try and get the top even with the back of the tank so it flows like the wind. Other than that looks really good. And as far as the spots on your wheels, try muriatic acid. You can get it really cheap at home depot or lowes. Its for pools. Spray the wheels down with water, dilute the acid a bit and use a scrub brush or wire brush. Keep the hose handy and wear GLOVES and glasses. Keep the wheels wet with water while doing this! other wise it will smoke and fume like crazy.

won't that eat the aluminum?
I would think so, but I'm no expert. I'm pretty sure Muriatic Acid is mainly used for concrete and masonry cleaning. Either way, it's BAD STUFF!! It's pretty much Hydrochloric Acid really. I have no idea if diluting it will help, but I've always heard that it eats any metal, unless it is neutralized with baking soda and water, or just lime (like for your soil). If I were going to try it, I'd do it on spare cast aluminum first, and DEFINITELY WEAR A RESPIRATOR!!!

Just my 2 cents though....

Didnt even think about it eating the alum. Try it on a scrap piece. I know we have some wheel cleaner at work that is acid based and is the S%it. Just gotta hose the wheels off after otherwise it will turn them white. Ill try and find out what acid is in it.

Back