Frank's Forking

esmith87

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone here has ever heard of or dealt with Frank's Forking (http://www.frankmain.com) out of Evanston, IL. I emailed them awhile back and they sent me some printed media about their products. Supposedly they have most bike's fork tubes in stock on the shelf. And those that they don't, they can do a 2 week turn around. Prices seem a little salty, but they are guaranteed against failure or chrome chipping. Thought about purchasing a set. Anyone want to chip in their $.02 on this. :bike:

Franks started out in the 60's I think. Anyway they have been in the business of fork tubes a long time.
They won't let you down.
Leo

Top notch products that they stand behind. It is a family business and their stuff is better than the originals. You won't be disappointed.

Replace the seals and dust wipers if you change the tubes. The holes on the sides of the damper rod towards the bottom can be drilled larger (not much) and if you then use 10Wt fork oil, the forks will be nicer. Too much damping stock. I'd consider new springs as well; the stock ones are sacked out at this point.

Reading up on the Minton mods, these were written with the XS650 in mind but the XS400 forks are about the same as the XS650.
You can find the Minton mods on a link on 650central. Maybe just google it.
Leo

Reading up on the Minton mods, these were written with the XS650 in mind but the XS400 forks are about the same as the XS650.
You can find the Minton mods on a link on 650central. Maybe just google it.
Leo

Last time I called either Mikuni or maybe it was Sudco, Joe Minton answered the phone!!

How's that for a real "help line?"

Back