Gear mother f'r! Do you wear it?!

images

Sorry I thought the leather jacket and shorts was a great idea, I mean for her not me.
Dont forget your cigarette while riding, ok I'm done here.
Picture-15.png

helment is an icon airframe guardian.
jacket is an icon primeoverlord attack fit
icon primeoverlord short gloves
14oz denim pants
sidi vortex boots ( from when i use to do track events. great boots)
goin to upgrade the jacket gloves and helment to do more track days. either alpinestar or spidi gear and a agv, arai or shoei helment

I love the NHS in the UK!

All we have to concentrate on is not going to hospital due to injuries and not because we can't pay!
I hate hospitals on principle - they are full of sick people. :D

Seriously, a couple of years ago I accidentally stabbed myself in the foot and someone sneezed on me while I was waiting to get stitched up. I got the worst flu...

The "can't pay" thing is rather overblown. Between payment plans and government assistance pretty much everybody gets taken care of.

I used to ride in tennis shoes but cause of the softness its hard to shift with them on so now I got leather boots.I also used to wear need pads cause when I 1st started riding I had some expereinces with my front brakes locking up on my gravel road and tore some meat out of my knees.I dont use them anymore.I do need to get me another leather jacket though.

I used to ride in tennis shoes but cause of the softness its hard to shift with them on so now I got leather boots.I also used to wear need pads cause when I 1st started riding I had some expereinces with my front brakes locking up on my gravel road and tore some meat out of my knees.I dont use them anymore.I do need to get me another leather jacket though.

Tennis shoes? No leather? Dude...

At least pick up some Doc Martens (which do double duty if need be) and a used leather jacket. A fall at 40 km/h (25 mph) will still mean road rash. And nurses get road rash out with steel wool (to scrub the crap out of your skin...) Not nice...

I said I used to wear tennis shoes not any more.As for road rash ,well I got side walk rash alongtime ago when i crashed on my tenspeed LOL.Yeah it hurt and picked gravel out of my shoulder and back for a week.
what about fully faced helmets do you get clostrophobic in them?I wear and open face with goggles.

Last edited:
I used to wear an open faced helmet. A june bug changed that. Now I wear a flip face helmet. When stopped at traffic lights I can flip open the the chin guard and visor in one easy motion and chat with the guy I'm riding with, or the person in the cage beside me, have a drink, blow my nose, adjust my glasses, what ever!

And it closes just as easy when the light turns green. I don't find it claustrophobic at all and I suffer from mild claustrophobia.

Full face helmet (I like my lower arch too well not too), leather or balistic nylon jacket with full amour, boot, gloves, and in the winter riding pants with pads. Summer does not get the ridding pants...but I ougt too wear them.

Had it out on I-85 this weekend for 10 miles this weekend. She was really stable above 70 up to 75mph. Forget the 'ton', that was plenty fast for me.

Full face helmet, armored gaunlets, hiking boots, jeans, textile jacket with built in armor. Like many others have said, I plan on upgrading over time. Current gear is very "budget-friendly" ;)

Yeah I got hit in the face by a big grasshopper last summer.Dam thing hurt.I especialy love it when pepples come up off the road and hit me in the face.I thought thats what the front fender is for?

Boots, jacket, chaps, and helmet unless it's so hot I'll pass out and crash. They started calling me Barbwirebilly after I slid through a six strand barbed wire fence at about 50mph after hitting an oil slick in a hard turn. Yee-ha I went for a ride. Full leather got me through with only a couple of holes and scratches. NO STITCHES! But that is me. I would really rather ride with less like in the old days, but The law and wisdom of age dictates otherwise.

Real motorcycle boots usually have a plastic heel and toe cup in them. The only thing I could say negative about steel toe work boots is that they will tend to have laces and I like to avoid that. They also might not fit between your shifter and foot peg.

I dont see how it could hurt but only help save your toes.
The legend says that in an accident the steel toe could be collapsed down onto your toes. So, instead of breaking your toes in a leather toed boot (which could heal), the collapsed steel toe could cut of blood circulation in your toes resulting in a loss of toes. :yikes:
I'm not sure if I buy this or not, but both of the motorcycle boots which I've got have thick leather toes with no steel. :shrug:

Mythbusters tested that; they determined that any force capable of crushing the box of a steel toe boot would be sufficient to take off your toes anyway had one been wearing normal shoes.

If your wearing steel toed boots and you to go for slide its going to save your toes in which the traditional boots with plastic it will tear off along with your toes.Im not about to test this theory but somebody else can if they want and make sure they do a youtube.

Back