geeks 400 bobber

racegeek

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
been on here awhile guess I should start a thresd. got a few parts waiting to be put on just no time right now. going for a strip down old looking bobber.
got some shorty shocks, fork gaitors. new headlight mounts and mini turn signals. new carb boots. may go hardtail somewhere down the road. bikes got a little over 10 k on it and real solid .picked up a euro style 650 taillight from mikes that's a little different .
plans right now are the rebel shocks and swing arm mounted fender and a good clean up. got the engine detailed then the weather turned nice and onto house projects

Attachments

• xs400 001.JPG
    xs400 001.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 120
  • xs400 003.JPG
    xs400 003.JPG
    177.6 KB · Views: 130
  • xs400 002.JPG
    xs400 002.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 139
why does almost every one of those barn finds have such a ridiculous sissy bar on them?

good luck with the build, and welcome :)

why does almost every one of those barn finds have such a ridiculous sissy bar on them?

it's because the P/O was too embarassed so they tried to hide it in the barn. now they want to get rid of it so it's not staring them in the face saying "remember when all your friends made fun of you for this?"

and geek, i'm excited to see how it turns out. have fun :)

I think im gonna go with just a solo speedo and delete the tach. don't have one on my rebel so don't really need one on here .

Attachments

• xs400 001.JPG
    xs400 001.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 108
You may not need it but I think its very imporant piece of equipment thats necessary for the rider know amd see how your engine is running.I would never consider removing mine.

I wouldn't get rid of mine. I've got a good ear for engines and I have trouble telling the difference between 8500 and 9500 RPM. And since our bikes don't have rev limiters, unless you ride like an old fart on a harley, there is a good chance to over rev the engine.

But to each their own...

Don't need a tac if it's sitting in the shop.
Maybe it's just me, but a bike with only 10k is barely broken in and should be out being ridden ever nice day there is - maybe without the giant padded sissy bar though . . . :wink2:

I wouldn't get rid of mine. I've got a good ear for engines and I have trouble telling the difference between 8500 and 9500 RPM. And since our bikes don't have rev limiters, unless you ride like an old fart on a harley, there is a good chance to over rev the engine.

But to each their own...

Thats what Im saying,I dont care how good your ears are I want to know what my engine is doing.The only time I wish our bikes had a rev limiter would be at start up.Just in case something goes wrong like a stuck throttle cable:yikes:

I never had a tach on my bike since the PO took it off. Sometimes I miss it a little, but most days I'm just really happy with my tiny speedo and indicator housing, when I see the original dash lying on the shelf I always wonder why they made it so enormously bulky on the Seca..

I just try to 'feel' when I'm over revving the bike I guess, but even if I had a tacho I wouldn't be looking at it at those times I think. High revs=lots of acceleration/speed=need to look around, not at the dash...

don't have one on my rebel. didn't have one on other bikes. . the bike is sitting in the shop because it sat so long before I got it it needs gone over reallll good. its called a project for a reason!!!! the gay sissy bar was gone the second day I got it. I have a bike to ride so im taking my time,which I have little of right now. I like the clean simple look without the tach. I prefer to watch the road and idiots on the road rather then a tach. I have a small electronic tach I can clip on in 30 seconds if I need to check the rpms. bike needs both tires and carb boots ect ect from sitting in a tent shed for years. so if you don't like a project bike sitting in the shop waiting for time and money for parts guess its best to move on to another topic .

Back