Gel Battery

nico

78 XS400-2E
Reaction score
I am needing to replace my battery(old acid style) and needed some input. It is a 12N12A-4A-1. I am wanting to put a gel battery in. I found this on Dime City. It's only $41! That's cheaper (even after shipping) than a regular battery from any of the auto stores in town. My question is will it work? It's 12v 4a. Is that 4 amps? Isn't our stock batteries 12? My XS is kick start only. Thanks for any help.

A 4ah battery will work fine if you don't have a e-start. I have a 1.2ah in my tracker/bob I got two of them for $18 shipped. One was in another bike for 1k miles and now in the tracker/bob for 2k miles and still works fine. I should also add that I use a led brake light and led idiot lights plus 5w turn lights. These are great weight reductions for the bike.

I don't have a starter on my 2e but got the agm battery from MikesXS and has worked out great. So much better than the maintenance battery I was using, no problems at all and am pleased. Battery was 12n12a-4a-1.
It's not just so excellent because it is from MikesXS because I've found the MikesXS inline fuel filters to be cheap, and develop cracks easily - they just look nice for a short time. If you use those keep an extra one with the extra fuses and toolkit when going somewhere. (the good thing, you never have to wonder when to change the fuel filter, ha).

Back