hmmm where to put my number plate?

haga41cat

Xs Nerd
Reaction score
Hey guys can't make up my mind on this, should I have the number plate on the side or on the back? With the exhausts under the seat I didn't wanna spoil the look of it, but also thinking will it look poo sticking out the side.

Your opinions please:bike:

Posted via Mobile

man dunno doesnt sound like you dont have the option of under the seat,might look pretty cool haveing the exhaust on each side of the plate but you probly already got your exaust set. if ya got enough travel room might make a hoop under the exhaust and attach it there. gotta have a tail brake light somewhere. maybe a picture to see what ya got.

I've seen a reg plate right under the rear inner fender, not sure what mr plod thinks though, can't be too legal!

what about the modern way of a separate bracket from the rear swing arm on the lines of this

bmw_r1200gs.jpg

or this one?

Number%20plate%20holer.jpg

man dunno doesnt sound like you dont have the option of under the seat,might look pretty cool haveing the exhaust on each side of the plate but you probly already got your exaust set. if ya got enough travel room might make a hoop under the exhaust and attach it there. gotta have a tail brake light somewhere. maybe a picture to see what ya got.

Yeah pipes are already set in place, I have some pics on ny other thread, xs250 cafe project.

I've seen a reg plate right under the rear inner fender, not sure what mr plod thinks though, can't be too legal!

what about the modern way of a separate bracket from the rear swing arm on the lines of this

bmw_r1200gs.jpg

or this one?

Number%20plate%20holer.jpg

Yeah I was thinking of going the beemer route, at least it won't muck up the look or be hanging out to the side after I spent so long keeping everything tucked in and it,d just be waiting to be kicked off

Posted via Mobile

I think i'd go for #2. it looks like its designed to be there whilst the first looks a compromise due to the angle.

#2 separates the yellow plate away from the rest of the bike. need to check height on the MOT regs though

When I originally moved the plate I liked it on the lower left side or the rear of fender. The guy that did my fender work wanted to put it on the lower right and I wasn't crazy about that for some reason. I ended up with the Sparto taillight on top of the fender with the attached bracket. Then I removed the chain guard so I was having probs with the chain throwing oil all over my back and I thought about mounting it lower left and having it act as a Mini chain guard. Since that time, however, I've seen the light and followed Drewpy's advice and started using Dupont Teflon All-purpose lube. Incidentally, I'm running historical plates on mine, anybody else?

Back