how to do everything wrong

not sure what to think....I mean...anyone who has that many tools and does work that bad....I have to believe they screwed it up on purpose
He spent more time & money getting the wrong materials than he did ust asking a pipe shop to bend a $10 piece of pipe!!!???
and then to post it on the web??
My welding skills are far from anything worth bragging about....but I definately wont take pictures of it to show people!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

I used brazing extensively building my motorized bicycle- worked great....but good brazing is not big and gloppy. It uses enough rod to do the job....then you can finish by grinding if you have to, but it should not take much. I can appreciate using what you have and making do....when it ends up working well, but poor work that works poorly is nothing to be proud of.

My favorite part......."I have never, ever, brazed anything before in my life, so I figure that I won't bother to practice and will just go straight for the headers."...........hahaha Maybe that mentality and lack of practice explains why the guy can't weld! lol

My favorite part is how someone thought it was worth putting in the "knowledgebase" for the site.

...and I agree about the dog. When I was younger and dumber, I was helping a guy do some MIG welding and he told me to shut my eyes and turn my head....I watched closely and ended up in the ER at 2am the next morning and had to then wear eye patches to keep all light out for 24 hours and dark sunglasses for 2 more days....hurt really bad too.

My favorite part is how someone thought it was worth putting in the "knowledgebase" for the site.

...and I agree about the dog. When I was younger and dumber, I was helping a guy do some MIG welding and he told me to shut my eyes and turn my head....I watched closely and ended up in the ER at 2am the next morning and had to then wear eye patches to keep all light out for 24 hours and dark sunglasses for 2 more days....hurt really bad too.
I've had flashburn before......definitely don't want to have to go through it again. I have a self-darkening hood now that I wear. Hobart makes it. It was more expensive than the regular flip-down hoods, but it has definitely paid for itself in saving my eyes!

If I ever see Skippi heading towards my bike with a tool in his hand, I will be forced to shoot first and ask questions later. LOL

Blue

I really don't even know where to start with this guy....it just keeps getting worse every post! Seems he may have been dropped on his head at birth one too many times...

Oh my god! Wow, even I'm not that stupid. But, "ya know skipii know's his stuff," riiiiiiight.
Let his name live in infamy!!!!!

SO he did all that to save zero weight (in the end he had another heavy muffler on it anyway) and make it sound and look like absolute junk. Sounds like a brilliant plan. *sarcasm*

Back