Lola's Build ~ '78 XS400 2E

Nice finish on the build there! Agree w/ Sandrew on the seat though, any way to bring the front mount down a 1/4" to resolve the lines? Very cohesive though.

Thanks again for the exhaust clamps!

P.S. Had a thought, what about rattle can flat-blacking the underseat rails to eliminate visual comparison. Maybe try it first with some electrical tape to see how it looks?

Last edited:
First - thanks for all the feedback. I do appreciate it. And I agree on the angle on the seat pan and the showing rail. The pan is just resting on the frame as I needed to take pics for the buyer in Chicago. I now have to take it all apart to sort out some paint issues. The pan will sit more in line with the angle of the tank, but some of the frame will still show which is more than I would like. In hindsight, the edges of the seat pan should be a bit longer... it rides higher than anticipated due to the battery box arms - those may be resorted while she is apart. I also have thought about painting the rails...

Anyway, here is a picture the buyer photoshopped to show the graphics he is planning on going with - I think that will tie it all together nicely!

full

Back