Mine...if I can get it to start!

Haha, yeah! Doing alright.. Just restless and bored today. I planned on working on the XS this weekend but I can't do anything with it until I get an estimate for insurance etc.

Thanks. Hopefully the estimate that I get for insurance will be enough to fix everything. So far the things that I've noted that need fixing are:
Forks and Triple Tree assembly
Front fender
Front tire
Front rim
Air filters (gas flowed into them when the bike tipped over)
Exhaust (full of dents/one is actually punctured and both mounting brackets are bent to hell)
Head pipes are bent/dented/scratched up
Handle bars

That's just my untrained visual inspection. We'll see what they come up with in the estimate. Hopefully it all works out.

I finally got an insurance quote back so I can start tearing apart my XS. Here are some pictures so far. All in all, I think I just need to get some new fork tubes and that will suffice for now. I think I'm just going to stick with my plan though and tear the whole thing apart and turn it into a cafe racer of sorts.

Front end all disassembled!
IMG_0546.jpg

Don't those forks look lovely?
IMG_0544.jpg

Well, I was going to see if I could get away with just buying new fork tubes since everything else is fine.. the problem is that the fork tubes are bent so bad that I can't get the damper rod out and I don't have any way of bending the tubes straight enough to pull the rod out.

Back